The M4L2 mobile thermal printer stands for power, reliability and ultimate mobility. Showcasing the industry’s first high-performance radio module with Dual-Antenna Technology, best-in-class battery life and rugged design, the M4L2 is built to improve your bottom line by increasing efficiency.
With available Bluetooth or WiFi interface options this mobile printer also comes factory-ready for ZPL II® and CPCL printer languages. Extremely user-friendly, the M4L2 features a large backlit LCD user interface and large media roll capacity for less downtime. Highlights of the M4L2 include:
This technology puts the M4L2 mobile printer in a class of its own by extending WiFi range and reducing dead spots. Compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n standards and supporting both 2.5 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz frequency bands, the Dual-Antenna technology facilitates robust networking on your premises. The supercharged radio module increases data transmission speeds and delivers faster label printing of up to 4 IPS.
The M4L2 mobile printer is designed to power an entire work shift, even with the most demanding work load. The outstanding battery-life surpasses our competition by 11%, keeping your supply chain running smoothly all day long.
With any mobile printing solution, durability is an essential element. The rubber-infused over-molding construction makes the M4L2 an extremely reliable printer that can withstand multiple drops from up to 5 ft (1.5m). Adding the optional IP54 certified case-protector not only increases resistance to water and dust, but also protects the M4L2 from drops up to 6ft (1.8m).
Experience the best of Printronix’s enterprise grade products, durability and reliability, customer support and service longevity with the latest portable innovation in warehouse efficiency and accuracy – the reliable M4L2.
- Strong and reliable wireless connections for ultimate mobility
- Dual Antenna technology for high performance connectivity
- Highest battery power for continuous printing
- High performance 32-Bit RISC Processor
- Multiple drops resistant up to 5 feet
- Rubber-infused rugged industrial design
- One-Hand easy to change media
- Enterprise Grade Secure WiFi or Bluetooth
- Large and Intuitive 4 Buttons 2″ LCD display panel (256 x 128 pixels)
- Large media roll capacity for higher productivity
- Print Speed: 4″/102mm per second
- Print Method: Direct Thermal
- Resolution: 203 dpi / 8 dots per mm
- Min/Max Print Width: 2.0″ (50.8mm) – 4.09″ (104mm)
- Printer Memory: 32MB RAM / 16MB Flash
- Up to 4GB SD Card (Option)
- Media Type: Labels, Receipts, Die-Cut, Roll-Fed, Black Mark and Fan-Fold
- Media Thickness: 2.2 – 6.5 Mil (0.055 – 0.165mm)
- Media Capacity: 2.65″ OD (67.3mm)
- Media Sensing: Transmissive, Reflective, Peel
- Media Handling Modes: Tear-Off, Peel-Off
- Min/Max Media Width: 2.0″ (50.8mm) / 4.4″ (112mm)
- Media Length (Min/Max):
- 0.5″ – 90″ (12.7 – 2,286mm)
- 1.0″ – 6.0″ (25.4 – 152.4mm) for Peel
- Width: 6.30″ (160mm)
- Height: 7.54″ (191.6mm)
- Depth: 3.11″ (79mm)
- Weight: 2.43 Lbs. (1.1 kg.) with Battery
- ZPL II: Standard
- CPCL: Standard
COMMUNICATION AND INTERFACE
- USB 2.0 Full Speed: Standard
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n: Standard (MIMO capable) or Bluetooth
- WiFi Security:
- WEP, WPA Personal: TKIP/CCMP
- WPA2 Enterprise: EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, PEAP, LEAP
- Operating Temperature: 14 to 122 F (-10 to 50 C)
- Operating Humidity: 10 to 90% Non-Condensing
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 140 F (-40 to 60 C)
- Storage Humidity: 10 to 90% Non-Condensing
- Drop Specification: 5 Ft. (1.5m) / 6 Ft. (1.8m) w/Case
- Emissions: FCC, CE
- Safety: TUV, CE
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE
- IP54: w/Optional Case
- 7.2v dc (41.7 w-H), 5800mAh Lithium-Ion Battery, Standard (Rechargeable)
- 1D Barcodes: Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128UCC, Code128 Subsets A.B.C., Codabar, Interleave 2 of 5, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN-14, EAN-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN and UPC2 (5) Digits, MSI, PLESSEY, POSTNET, China Post ITF14, TELEPEN, PLANET, Deutsche Post Identcode/Leitcode, LOGMARS
- 2D Barcodes: Code 49, PDF-417, MicroPDF-417, Maxicode, DataMatrix, QR Code, Aztec, CODABLOCK F Mode, GS1 Databar
- 8 Alpha-Numeric Bitmap Fonts, Monotype Imaging True Type Font Engine with One CG Triumvirate Bold Condensed Scalable Font
- M4L2 Configuration Utility: Standard
WPA2 Enterprise: EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, PEAP, LEAP
- Printer: 1 Year Parts and Labor
- Printhead: 1 Million Inhttps://printronixautoid.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=3167&action=edit&lang=en#ches (25km) or 6 months
Thermal Barcode Media
Our M4L2 label products are made from Premium, Top-Coated Direct Thermal stock. The extra, protective top coat contained on Genuine Printronix Auto ID Labels provides a higher level of scratch resistance, moisture resistance and ensures maximum image durability.
For receipt applications, we’ve introduced a comprehensive line of receipt papers designed to meet the demands of any environment in which your M4L2 operates. With five options to choose from, our receipt grades are designed to maximize the output and efficiency of your M4L2 mobile printer
Heavy Duty Metal Belt Clip
For those who might need more from their M4L2 belt clip, the heavy duty option will deliver an extra level of durability and strength.
Velcro Belt Loop
A secure and flexible carrying option that attaches the M4L2 to a user’s belt, making it a truly mobile label printing solution.
Shoulder Strap: 4.5 ft. shoulder strap that adds another carrying/transportation option to the M4L2 line further increasing flexibility when in use.
Built to last the duration of multiple high impact shifts, the M4L2 lithium-ion battery will outperform competitor models by up to 11%.
Mounts securely to the forklift for multi directional access and positioning of your portable printer.
USB to RS232 Adapter
Allows for easy connection of the M4L2 printer to a device with a RS232 serial port, which enables transmission of data between connected devices.
IP-54 Case Protector
The IP-54 certified case protector increases drop resistance up to
Vehicle Power Adaptor
Easily charge your M4L2 unit even while your job has you on the move.
AC Single-Unit Charger (Americas, European, UK)
Standard AC charger that offers a simple and convenient way to charge the M4L2 unit, without having to uninstall the battery.
SINGLE 1- Bay Extermal Battery Charger (Americas, Europe, UK)
Single battery docking and charging station that will fully charge an M4L2 battery disconnected from the host unit, which keeps the M4L2 printer active when utilizing a backup battery option (also included: single unit power adapter).
QUAD 4-Bay External Battery Charger (Americas, Europe, UK)
Docking and charging station that will fully charge up to four M4L2 batteries while the units remain active when utilizing a backup battery option (also included: power adapter & cable).
Why mobile? Why now?
The M4L2 mobile thermal printer improves business workflow efficiency and productivity by allowing end-users to print and apply labels directly at the point of application, instead of running back and forth between a stationary printer and the boxes of products. With the increasingly competitive and efficient warehouse, manufacturing, and retail environments, the M4L2 delivers measurable ROI in worker productivity, errors reduction, and best-of-practice operations streamlining.
What is Dual Antenna technology and why?
A dual WiFi antenna is a pair of identical antennas on the printer intended to increase the WiFi performance by eliminating signal fading and dead spots. This principle known as antenna diversity, offers the ability to use two different reference points for signal reception and transmission, switching back and forth to the better one. A dual antenna on the printer device offers a solution to the problem associated with WiFi fading, dead spots, and drop-outs experienced by single antennas devices. If for instance, one of the antennas falls out of line of sight or dead spot, the printer automatically switches to the other antenna. The printer’s WiFi system will constantly monitors the signal strengths of both antenna and automatically uses the stronger of the two.
What are the major differences between M4L and M4L2?
You say the battery has a life 11% longer than the competition…how long is that?
It is very difficult to give the precise number of hours it will last as the usage of the printer varies based on applications. However, based on Printronix battery life test conducted using 4 x 4 label size and setting the printers with the same configuration, the M4L2 lasted for 10.12 Hrs. and printed 3,373 labels vs. the competitive model lasted only 7.33 Hrs. and printed 2,558 labels.
How much does the M4L2 mobile thermal printer weigh?
The M4L2 weighs a mere 2.43 pounds (1.1 Kg.) – including the battery.
What is or are the standard connectivity with the M4L2 mobile printer?
The M4L2 is available with USB and WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n or USB and Bluetooth V2.1 connectivity.
Does the M4L2 mobile thermal printer have Enterprise Level WiFi security protocol and certification?
Yes…the M4L is certified for WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WEP, WPA, and WPA2, as well as Bluetooth V2.1, Class 2. Please check the product brochure for complete information.
What printer language does the printer support?
The M4L2 supports both ZGL II and CPCL printer languages.
What types and size labels can be printed?
The M4L2 support a wide range of label types and label sizes. It can also print on receipt papers, Die-Cut, Roll-Fed or Fan-fold. The M4L2 support label width from Min. 2” (50.8mm) to up to 4.4” (110mm); and media length from 0.5” (12.7mm) to 90.0” (2,286mm).
Can I do both direct and thermal transfer printing?
No. The M4L2 is a direct-thermal only printer.
What is/are the key benefit/s of the M4L2 compared to the competition?
The Printronix Auto ID M4L2 printer has the longest battery life in the market, first in the industry to offer Dual Antenna technology, drop resistant up to 5 feet (6 feet with optional IP54 Case), and an impressive 2.65” label capacity for ultimate efficiency.
What is the standard warranty?
The M4L2 has a 1 Year Parts and Labor (Return to Factory) standard manufacturer warranty. Additional 1 Year or 2 Year Service Maintenance agreements are available for purchase;
Can the print head and platen roller be replaced by the end user?
No. Please return the M4L2 unit to the depot, and our team of experts will make these replacements for you.
Is the Configuration Utility and Firmware between M4L and M4L2 the same?
No. The Configuration Utility and Firmware is not backward or forward compatible between the M4L and M4L2. Please make sure to download the latest and correct Configuration Utility and Firmware for the respective printer model.
How can I buy the M4L2?
To purchase an M4L2 printer, buyers can contact their local Printronix reseller, or contact: United States: 1 657-258-0808 Europe: +49 (0) 8106 37979-00