Small, Fast and Ready to Boost Productivity.
The T4000 is our most compact and affordable industrial printer with the ability to print 5,000 labels a day at speeds of up to 8 inches per second. If you’re looking to improve productivity…look no further. The T4000 includes Printronix System Architecture (PSA), with multiple connectivity options, remote printer management tools and automated alerts to keep you enterprise operating at optimum efficiency and productivity.
Industry-leading print speed of 8 ips
Prints up to 5,000 labels a day in demanding environments
Compatible with PrintNet Enterprise, printer management tool
Fast ARM Cortex A-7 processor
Automated alerts keep your enterprise efficient and productive
Uptime is maximized with 450m ribbons and 8″ label roll capacity
9 Printer emulations for seamless integrations
Optional connectivity: Enterprise level WiFi, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2
Enterprise-level WiFi encryption and security protocols
Extensive standard connectivity features including Ethernet, USB Host, USB Device, serial
Compact size makes it a good fit for a variety of industries
Rugged metal enclosure with bi-fold side panel
Built on Printronix System Architecture (PSA) Platform for proven dependability
Proprietary printhead algorithms deliver high-quality barcodes
Large LCD color screen and easy-to-use control panel
High MTBF of up to 12,000 hours
Wide operating temperature range
- High performance ARM Cortex-A7
- 128MB RAM/ 128MB Flash Memory
- Printronix System Architecture (PSA)
- Color 3.5in LCD nine-key control panel
- Four-inch print width
- 203 DPI or 300 DPI
- 4-32 GB SD memory card capability
- Andale & Premium Asian Fonts (Option)
- Transfer and Direct Printing
- Ethernet 10/100 BaseT (Standard)
- ENERGY STAR Certified
- Steel Frame Enclosure
- Bifold Media Door
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Option)
- Bluetooth 4.2 (Option)
- Max. Print Speed 8 IPS @ 203 DPI, 6IPS @ 300 DPI
- Print Method Transfer and Direct
- Resolution 203 DPI / 300 DPI
- Max. Print Width 4.1″ (104mm
- Media Type Roll or Fan-Fold Labels, Tags, Paper, Film, Tickets Min.
- Media Width 1.0” (25.4mm)
- Max. Media Width 4.72” (120mm)
- Min. Media Length Continuous 0.25”, Tear-Off / Peel-Off 1.0”
- Max. Media Length Up to 50”
- Media Thickness 0.00236” (0.06mm) to 0.011” (0.279mm)
- Media Roll Core Diameter 3.0″ (76.2mm)
- Max. Media Roll Diameter 8.0″ (203mm)
- Media Sensing Gap, Mark
- Ribbon Type Wax, Wax/Resin, Resin
- Min. Ribbon Width 1.6″ (40mm)
- Max. Ribbon Width 4.33″ (110mm)
- Max. Ribbon Length 450 Meters
- Ribbon Core Diameter 1.0in
- Width 10.4″ (264mm)
- Height 10.9″ (276mm)
- Depth 17.9″ (455mm)
- Printer Weight 22 lbs (10Kg)
- Shipping Weight 28 lbs (13Kg)
- Printer Languages: (Native / Competitor) PGL/ZGL/TGL/IGL/STGL/DGL/IEGL/MGL/EGL
- API’s: XML
- Legacy Line Printer Emulations: VGL (Code V), P-Series / XQ, Epson FX,Serial Matrix, Proprinter
- Job Control Languages: PJL, PTX-SETUP
COMMUNICATION & CONNECTIVITY/INTERFACE
- Standard Interface I/O: Serial RS232, USB Device (Type B), USB Host (Type A) and Ethernet 10/100Base T
- Optional Interface I/O: WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac), (WiFi Alliance Certified) Bluetooth 4.2
- WiFi Security Protocol: WEP 40/128bit, TKIP, AES CCMP
- WiFi Security Authentication: WPA/WPA2 PSK, EAP-TTLS, EAP-PEAP, LEAP, PEAPv1/PEAP-TLS, PEAPv0/MS-CHAPv2
MEDIA HANDLING MODES
- Standard: Continuous, Tear-Off
- Options: Peel/Rewind (paper labels, 6ips, rewinds liner from 8in roll) Cutter (thickness as per media spec, life 500,000 cuts)
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
- Operating Humidity: 25 – 85% Non-Condensing
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 140°F (-40 to +60°C)
- Storage Humidity: 10 – 90% Non-Condensing
- Auto Range 100 – 240 VAC (48 – 62 Hz)
- Emissions: FCC, CE, IC, CCC, KC
- Safety: cTUVus, CE, IC, EAC, S-MARK, NOM, CCC, KC, BIS, BSMI
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, Energy Star
- WiFi / BT: FFC, IC, CE, CCC
- Energy Savings: Energy Star 2.0
BAR CODE SYMBOLOGIES
- 1D Barcodes: BC-412, Code 11, Code 39, Code35, Code 93, Codabar, Code 128 Subsets A/B/C, Industrial 2 of 5, Interleave 2 of 5, German 1-2/5, EAN-8, EAN-13, UCC/EAN-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, UPCSHIP, UPS 11, MSI, Matrix 2 of 5, PLESSEY, POSTNET, 4-state PostBar, Austrailian 4-state, FIM, ITF14, TELEPEN, PLANET, USPS Intelligent Mail, LOGMARS
- 2D Barcodes: PDF-417, MicroPDF-417, Maxicode, DataMatrix, QR Codes, Aztec, GS1 Databar (RSS-14)
FONT, GRAPHIC SUPPORT
- Graphic Formats: PCX, TIFF, BMP, PNG
- Font Technologies: Intellifont, TrueType, Unicode
- Standard Fonts: OCRA, OCRB, Courier, Letter Gothic, CG Times, CG Triumvirate/Bold/Condensed
- Asian Fonts (Optional SD card): Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
REMOTE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
- PrintNet Enterprise Auto ID: Enterprise Grade Remote Management Solution
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2 *
- Andale Asian Font Cards (SD Card)
- Premium Asian Font Cards (SD Card)
- QCMC (Quick Change Memory Card) (SD-Card)
Thermal Barcode Media
The best printing solution is achieved when the printer, ribbon, and media are matched to the application requirements. The use of Genuine Printronix Thermal Media will ensure image quality, consistent bar code or RFID tag performance, and optimum application output required for today’s production environments.
Thermal Transfer Ribbons
Genuine Printronix Thermal Transfer Ribbons used in a thermal or RFID printer are a critical element of the printing system. It’s design, specification and selection are of the utmost importance in maintaining the integrity of the printer and the application. Printronix, with its years of experience in the design of printers and their applications, promises that you will receive the exact material required to maximize the performance of your Printronix printer.
Printronix Printheads are engineered to optimize performance of your Printronix printer. Designed to be end-user replaceable; our easy to install printheads ensures a quick replacement, reducing downtime and minimizing operating costs. Available in 203 & 300 dpi options for 4″ formats. Use genuine Printronix Thermal Media to double your Printhead warranty.
Printronix offers a complete line of cleaning supplies to keep your printer operating at maximum efficiency. Cleaning supplies include cleaning cards, swabs, pens and wipes.
How is the T4000 positioned within the Printronix Auto ID thermal printer portfolio?
The T4000 is an entry-level industrial printer and bridges the gap between the T800 high-end desktop printer and the T6000 mid-range industrial printer. The common thread with all three printers, along with the Printronix T8000 high-end industrial printer, is the Printronix System Architecture (PSA) which provides a rich set of features and functions that can be used in a broad suite of thermal printing applications.
What sets the T4000 apart from other brands of entry-level industrial thermal barcode printers in the market?
The T4000 is targeted for enterprise applications that demand high productivity, adaptability, and dependability in a compact footprint.
• Productivity: The fast ARM Cortex microprocessor enables fast first label print and high print speed at up to 8ips, making the T4000 one of the most productive entry-level industrial printers available.
• Adaptability: With the large competitor printer emulation suite, extensive communication capability, and small footprint, the T4000 adapts to a wide range of applications.
• Dependability: The metal frame construction, wide temperature operating range, and high MTBF assures the T4000 to be a dependable and durable thermal printer.
What are the target applications for the T4000?
The T4000 attributes make it ideal for the following applications:
• Transportation and logistics: Shipping/receiving, cross-docking, pick and pack
• Manufacturing: Product / item labels, carton labels
• Retail: Apparel, durable goods, shelf labels
• Healthcare: Nursing stations, laboratories, pharmacy
What configurations are available on the T4000?
The T4000 is available with either a 203dpi or 300dpi printhead and comes standard with Ethernet, USB Device / Host, and serial.
Can I swap the printhead from 203dpi to 300 dpi?
The printheads are interchangeable.
Do I need a tool to replace the printhead?
Yes, you need a screwdriver – the printhead is retained in place by a single screw. The screw is very accessible and easily removed.
What options are available with the T4000?
There are two host interface options: WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.2, and two media handling options: peel/rewind (partial roll rewind) and cutter. All options are available as a factory and field option. The field installation requires a trained technician.
Can I upgrade my printer with WiFi or Bluetooth in the field?
Yes! the WiFi and Bluetooth options can be installed as field kits
How do I configure the T4000?
For loading media, ribbon, and label calibration, “How-to Videos” are available on the support section of our website, along with product manuals.
If you are familiar with the T6000 and T8000 you will instantly recognize that the control panel keypad layout and menu structure are the same on the T4000.
How do I calibrate the labels?
The control panel printer setup wizard provides an easy-to-follow calibration process. The Settings menu allows you to select the Gap/Mark sensor to match the type of media installed. In addition, you can set the printer to do an auto Calibrate at power up or when print station has been closed. In all cases the printer will advance a few labels and calibrate the sensors so that they will detect top-of-form.
I am currently using a printer from one of your competitors. Can the T4000 replace my printer and plug-and-play without additional effort and cost?
The T4000 supports emulations for most major competitor printers; Zebra, Datamax, Sato, Toshiba TEC, Intermec, Avery Denison (Monarch), Eltron, CAB, and IER. These emulations have been used on multiple Printronix products and proven to be very robust.
Does Printronix offer supplies for the T4000?
Printronix Auto ID has a complete printer supplies offering designed to work optimally with the T4000. For more information, check the media-supplies section on our website.
Where can I download the printer manuals?
The T4000 Manuals are available on the Printronix Auto ID website in the Support section.
What are the standard and optional communication interface ports?
Standard Interfaces are: Serial, USB host/device and Ethernet. Optional Interfaces are: Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.2.
How long will the printhead last?
For Thermal Transfer applications: printheads are warranted 180 days from shipment or 2 million linear inches (whichever comes first).
For Direct Thermal applications: printheads are warranted 180 days from shipment or 1 million linear inches (whichever comes first).
What is the warranty on the T4000 printer?
The T4000 comes standard with a 1-Year Return to Depot warranty. Extended warranty packages are available. Please contact your Printronix Auto ID Territory Account Manager for more information.
PrintNet Enterprise (PNE) is a remote printer management utility that allows you to easily organize your Printronix printers into a single dashboard from which you can monitor and control your printers from any networked PC. PNE allows you to remotely download configurations, firmware updates and create reports for an entire fleet of printers. PNE is compatible with all Printronix Auto ID printers and is available at no charge.
The T4000 printer comes standard with Serial, USB Host, USB Device, and Ethernet. It can also be ordered with the following communication Interfaces:
– WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) is compatible with PrintNet Enterprise. It can be can be factory installed or installed in the field by an authorized service representative.
– Bluetooth (4.2)
Printronix Auto ID printers include as a standard feature; the industry’s largest selection of emulations including PGL, ZGL, TGL, IGL,STGL, DGL,IEGL MGL, EGL, In addtion, the printe supports XML data as well as legacy line printer emulations VGL (Coode V), P-Series, XQ, Epson FX, Serial matrix, Proprinter, PJL, PTX-Setup
Optional SD cards can be ordered to support Andale-Asian fonts or Premium Asian fonts
The cutter mechanism can be ordered factory installed or the option can be installed by an authorized service representative at a later date. Once installed, the printer can be configured to automatically cut media after each or a specified number of labels is printed.
Peel / Rewind
Peel / Rewind is for applications that require on-demand labeling. The printer can be ordered with a peel/ rewind or it can be field installed at a later date by an authorized service representative.
Quick Change Memory Card
QCMC (Quick Change Memory Card) is an additional way to make your printer installation a snap. The Quick Change Memory Card (QCMC) stores your printer’s configuration and network setting that allows you to easily install new printers and if a printer ever fails, allow easy change out to a new printer by your operator.
Customize & Protect Your Printing Solution
Click on the Map below to locate a Partner in your area.
As a global printing solutions company, Printronix AutoID is proud to deliver a worldwide network of industry-leading partners who provide our premium printing solution and unrivaled support.