Small, Fast and Ready to Boost Productivity.
The T4000 RFID thermal Printer is our most compact and affordable industrial printer with the ability to print 5,000 labels a day at speeds of up to 10 inches per second. If you’re looking to improve productivity…look no further. The T4000 includes RFID capability, Printronix System Architecture (PSA), with multiple connectivity options, remote printer management tools and automated alerts to keep your enterprise operating at optimum efficiency and productivity.
Exceptional print speed of 10 ips
Prints up to 5,000 labels a day in demanding environments
Compatible with PrintNet Enterprise, printer management tool
Fast ARM Cortex A-7 processor
Automated alerts keep your enterprise efficient and productive
Uptime is maximized with 450m ribbons and 8″ label roll capacity
Optional RFID model encodes both standard RFID labels and on-metal RFID tags
Optional connectivity: Enterprise level WiFi, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2
Enterprise-level WiFi encryption and security protocols
Extensive standard connectivity features including Ethernet, USB Host, USB Device, serial
Nine printer emulations for seamless integrations
Rugged metal enclosure with bi-fold side panel
Built on Printronix System Architecture (PSA) platform for proven dependability
Proprietary printhead algorithms deliver high-quality barcodes
Large LCD color screen and easy-to-use control panel
High MTBF of up to 12,000 hours
Wide operating temperature range from 0 degrees C to 40 degrees C
- Optional RFID Encoder/Antenna Systems
- High performance ARM Cortex-A7
- 128 MB RAM ,128 MB Flash Memory
- Printronix System Architecture (PSA)
- Color 3.5 in LCD nine-key control panel
- Four-inch print width
- 203 dpi or 300 dpi
- 4-32 GB SD memory card capability
- Andale & Premium Asian Fonts (Option)
- Transfer and Direct Printing
- Ethernet 10/100 (Standard)
- ENERGY STAR Certified
- Steel Frame Enclosure
- Bifold Media Door
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Option)
- Bluetooth 4.2 (Option)
- Max. Print Speed 10 ips @ 203 dpi, 7 ips @ 300 dpi
- Print Method Transfer and Direct
- Resolution 203 dpi, 300 dpi
- Max. Print Width 4.1 in (104 mm)
- Media Type: Roll or Fan-Fold Labels, Tags, Paper, Film, Tickets
- Media Width: 4.1 in (104 mm)
- Max. Media Width: 4.72 in (120 mm)
- Min. Media Length Continuous: 0.25 in Tear-Off, Peel-Off 1.0 in.
- Max. Media Length: Up to 50” in
- Media Thickness: 0.00236 in (0.06 mm) to 0.011 in (0.279 mm)
- Media Roll Core Diameter: 3.0 in (76.2 mm)
- Max. Media Roll Diameter: 8.0 in (203 mm)
- Media Sensing: Gap, Mark
- Ribbon Type: Wax, Wax/Resin, Resin
- Min. Ribbon Width: 1.6 in (40 mm)
- Max. Ribbon Width: 4.3 in (110 mm)
- Max. Ribbon Length: 450 Meters
- Ribbon Core Diameter: 1.0 in
- Width: 10.4 in (264 mm)
- Height: 10.9 in (276 mm)
- Depth: 17.9 in (455 mm)
- Printer Weight: 22 lbs (10 Kg)
- Shipping Weight: 28 lbs (13 Kg)
- Printer Languages: (Native / Competitor) PGL,ZGL,TGL, IGL, STGL, DGL, IEGL, MGL, EGL
- API’s: XML
- Legacy Line Printer Emulations: VGL (Code V), P-Series / XQ, Epson FX,Serial Matrix, Proprinter
- Job Control Languages: PJL, PTX-SETUP++++
COMMUNICATION & CONNECTIVITY INTERFACE
- Standard Interface I/O: Serial RS232, USB Device (Type B), USB Host (Type A) and Ethernet 10/100Base T
- Optional Interface I/O: WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 4.2
- WiFi Security: WPA / WPA2 Personal / Enterprise (TKIP)(AES/CCMP)
- WiFi Security Enterprise: TKIP / AES CCMP
- WiFi Security Authentication: EAP-PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, PEAPv0 / MS-CHAPv2, LEAP
MEDIA HANDLING MODES
- Standard: Continuous, Tear-Off
- Options: Peel/Rewind (paper labels, 6 ips, rewinds liner from 8 in roll) Cutter (thickness as per media spec, life 500,000 cuts)
- Radio: UHF Gen2, ISO 18000-63, Rain Encoder
- Antenna: Fixed Position Antenna
- Inlays/Tags: Standard RFID Labels, On-Metal RFID Tags
- Minimum Label/Tag Pitch: 0.625 in
- On-Metal Tag Thickness: up to 1.2 mm thick
- RFID Printer Languages: PGL, ZGL, STGL, MGL
- Counters: Tracks good & over-struck labels/tags
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
- Operating Humidity: 25-85% Non-Condensing
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 140°F (-40 to +60°C)
- Storage Humidity: 10 – 90% Non-Condensing
- Line Input: Auto Range 100 – 240 VAC (48 – 62 Hz)
- Emissions: FCC, CE, IC, CCC, KC
- Safety: cTUVus, CE, IC, EAC, S-MARK, NOM, CCC, KC, BIS, BSMI
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, Energy Star
- WiFi / BT: US, Canada, European Union, China,
- Energy Savings: ENERGY STAR 2.0
BAR CODE SYMBOLOGIES
- 1D Barcodes: BC-412, Code 11, Code 39, Code35, Code 93, Codabar, Code 128 Subsets A/B/C, Industrial 2 of 5, Interleave 2 of 5, German 1-2/5, EAN-8, EAN-13, UCC/EAN-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, UPCSHIP, UPS 11, MSI, Matrix 2 of 5, PLESSEY, POSTNET, 4-state PostBar, Austrailian 4-state, FIM, ITF14, TELEPEN, PLANET, USPS Intelligent Mail, LOGMARS
- 2D Barcodes: PDF-417, MicroPDF-417, Maxicode, DataMatrix, QR Codes, Aztec, GS1 Databar (RSS-14)
FONT, GRAPHIC SUPPORT
- Graphic Formats: PCX, TIFF, BMP, PNG
- Font Technologies: Intellifont, TrueType, Unicode
- Standard Fonts: OCRA, OCRB, Courier, Letter Gothic, CG Times, CG Triumvirate/Bold/Condensed
- Optional: Premium Asian Fonts: Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Thai
- Optional Andale Asian Fonts: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese
REMOTE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
- PrintNet Enterprise Auto ID: Enterprise Grade Remote Management Solution
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Andale Asian FontS
- Premium Asian Fonts
- QCMC (Quick Change Memory Card) (SD-Card)
- RFID Encoder/Antenna System
Thermal Barcode Media
The best printing solution is achieved when the printer, ribbon, and media are matched to the application requirements. The use of Genuine Printronix Thermal Media will ensure image quality, consistent bar code or RFID tag performance, and optimum application output required for today’s production environments.
Thermal Transfer Ribbons
Genuine Printronix Thermal Transfer Ribbons used in a thermal or RFID printer are a critical element of the printing system. It’s design, specification and selection are of the utmost importance in maintaining the integrity of the printer and the application. Printronix, with its years of experience in the design of printers and their applications, promises that you will receive the exact material required to maximize the performance of your Printronix printer.
Printronix Printheads are engineered to optimize performance of your Printronix printer. Designed to be end-user replaceable; our easy to install printheads ensures a quick replacement, reducing downtime and minimizing operating costs. Available in 203 & 300 dpi options for 4″ formats. Use genuine Printronix Thermal Media to double your Printhead warranty.
RFID Performance Guarantee
Printronix Auto ID offers a variety of RFID labels that incorporate the latest RFID inlays to support the most common applications. In conjunction with our broad suite of thermal ribbon offerings, Printronix Auto ID RFID labels are designed to work optimally with Printronix Auto ID RFID printer/encoders to assure the highest yield and most reliable RFID printer/encode solution. Genuine Printronix Auto ID RFID labels are guaranteed to perform to your complete satisfaction. RFID Compatibility Chart
Printronix offers a complete line of cleaning supplies to keep your printer operating at maximum efficiency. Cleaning supplies include cleaning cards, swabs, pens and wipes.
How is the T4000 RFID thermal Printer positioned within the Printronix Auto ID thermal printer portfolio?
The T4000 is an entry-level industrial printer and bridges the gap between the T800 high-end desktop printer and the T6000 mid-range industrial printer. The common thread with all three printers, along with the Printronix T8000 high-end industrial printer, is the Printronix System Architecture (PSA) which provides a rich set of features and functions that can be used in a broad suite of thermal printing applications.
What sets the T4000 apart from other brands of entry-level industrial thermal barcode printers in the market?
The T4000 is targeted for enterprise applications that demand high productivity, adaptability, and dependability in a compact footprint.
• Productivity: The fast ARM Cortex microprocessor enables fast first label print and high print speed at up to 8ips, making the T4000 one of the most productive entry-level industrial printers available.
• Adaptability: With the large competitor printer emulation suite, extensive communication capability, and small footprint, the T4000 adapts to a wide range of applications.
• Dependability: The metal frame construction, wide temperature operating range, and high MTBF assures the T4000 to be a dependable and durable thermal printer.
What are the target applications for the T4000?
The T4000 attributes make it ideal for the following applications:
• Transportation and logistics: Shipping/receiving, cross-docking, pick and pack
• Manufacturing: Product / item labels, carton labels
• Retail: Apparel, durable goods, shelf labels
• Healthcare: Nursing stations, laboratories, pharmacy
What configurations are available on the T4000?
The T4000 is available in two configurations, Non-RFID and RFID. Both are available with either a 203dpi or 300dpi printhead and comes standard with Ethernet, USB Device / Host, and serial.
Can I swap the printhead from 203dpi to 300 dpi?
The printheads are interchangeable.
Do I need a tool to replace the printhead?
Yes, you need a screwdriver – the printhead is retained in place by a single screw. The screw is very accessible and easily removed.
What options are available with the T4000 RFID thermal Printer?
There are two host interface options: WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.2, and two media handling options: peel/rewind (partial roll rewind) and cutter.
The RFID printer comes with the standard Tear feature, or an optional Cutter.
All options are available as a factory and field option. The field installation requires a trained technician.
Can I upgrade my printer with WiFi or Bluetooth in the field?
Yes! the WiFi and Bluetooth options can be installed as field kits
How do I configure the T4000 RFID thermal Printer?
For loading media, ribbon, and label calibration, “How-to Videos” are available on the support section of our website, along with product manuals.
If you are familiar with the T6000 and T8000 you will instantly recognize that the control panel, keypad layout and menu structure are the same on the T4000.
How do I calibrate the labels?
The control panel printer setup wizard provides an easy-to-follow calibration process. The Settings menu allows you to select the Gap/Mark sensor to match the type of media installed. In addition, you can set the printer to do an auto Calibrate at power up or when print station has been closed. In all cases the printer will advance a few labels and calibrate the sensors so that they will detect top-of-form.
I am currently using a printer from one of your competitors. Can the T4000 replace my printer and plug-and-play without additional effort and cost?
The T4000 supports emulations for most major competitor printers; Zebra, Datamax, Sato, Toshiba TEC, Intermec, Avery Denison (Monarch), Eltron, CAB, and IER. These emulations have been used on multiple Printronix products and proven to be very robust.
Does Printronix offer supplies for the T4000?
Printronix Auto ID has a complete printer supplies offering designed to work optimally with the T4000. For more information, check the media-supplies section on our website.
Where can I download the printer manuals?
The T4000 Manuals are available on the Printronix Auto ID website in the Support section.
What are the standard and optional communication interface ports?
Standard Interfaces are: Serial, USB host/device and Ethernet. Optional Interfaces are: Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.2.
How long will the printhead last?
For Thermal Transfer applications: printheads are warranted 180 days from shipment or 2 million linear inches (whichever comes first).
For Direct Thermal applications: printheads are warranted 180 days from shipment or 1 million linear inches (whichever comes first).
What is the warranty on the T4000 RFID thermal Printer?
The T4000 comes standard with a 1-Year Return to Depot warranty. Extended warranty packages are available. Please contact your Printronix Auto ID Territory Account Manager for more information.
What RFID labels are supported on the T4000?
The T4000 supports a wide range of standard UHF RFID labels and On-Metal RFID tags. Printronix posts a list of validated labels and tags on the RFID Support page of printronixautoid.com website. This list is constantly undated as new RFID inlays and tags become available on the market and are validated on Printronix printers in the RFID Label and Tag test lab.
Does the T4000 support HF RFID labels?
The T4000 only supports UHF Gen2 (ISO18000-6C) RFID labels and tags.
What are on-metal tags?
On-metal tags (sometimes called metal-mount or anti-metal tags) are RFID tags that are designed to operate on items made of metal. The physical properties of metal serve to reflect RF signals and so a standard RFID label would be completely undetectable by an RFID reader.
On-metal tags are typically constructed with a thin foam insulator to provide a space between the metal surface and the RFID inlay. On-metal tags are available in several constructions and the ones used with printers are typically up to 1mm thick due to the foam insulator. They also should include a “bridge” between the individual tags to ensure smooth transport through the print station.
What types of on-metal tags are supported on the T4000 RFID thermal Printer?
Unlike most thermal printers on the market today, the T4000 was designed from the ground up to support a variety of on-metal tags up to 1.2mm thick. Printronix posts a list of validated on-metal tags on the RFID Support page of printronixautoid.com website. This is constantly undated as new tags become available on the market and are validated on our printers in our RFID Label and Tag test lab.
How easy is it to set up the printer for different RFID labels?
The T4000 RFID printer has an RFID label calibration feature in the RFID menu which makes it very easy to set up the printer for both standard RFID and on-metal RFID labels. The calibration process feeds 3-4 labels to determine the optimal encoding position and RF power levels. For details about this process, please check the RFID Labeling Reference Manual on the printronixautoid.com support section.
I am currently using a printer from one of your competitors. Can the T4000 RFID replace my printer and plug-and-play without additional effort and cost?
Apart from the Printronix PGL RFID command set, the T4000 RFID thermal Printer also supports RFID printer commands for Zebra, Sato, and Avery Denison (Monarch). This makes the T4000 RFID printer easy to integrate into existing applications. Check the printronixautoid.com website support section for the individual programming manuals which document the commands supported.
PrintNet Enterprise (PNE) is a remote printer management utility that allows you to easily organize your Printronix printers into a single dashboard from which you can monitor and control your printers from any networked PC. PNE allows you to remotely download configurations, firmware updates and create reports for an entire fleet of printers. PNE is compatible with all Printronix Auto ID printers and is available at no charge.
The T4000 printer comes standard with Serial, USB Host, USB Device, and Ethernet. It can also be ordered with the following communication Interfaces:
– WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) is compatible with PrintNet Enterprise. It can be can be factory installed or installed in the field by an authorized service representative.
– Bluetooth (4.2)
Printronix Auto ID printers include as a standard feature; the industry’s largest selection of emulations including PGL, ZGL, TGL, IGL,STGL, DGL,IEGL MGL, EGL, In addtion, the printe supports XML data as well as legacy line printer emulations VGL (Coode V), P-Series, XQ, Epson FX, Serial matrix, Proprinter, PJL, PTX-Setup
Optional SD cards can be ordered to support Andale-Asian fonts or Premium Asian fonts
The cutter mechanism can be ordered factory installed or the option can be installed by an authorized service representative at a later date. Once installed, the printer can be configured to automatically cut media after each or a specified number of labels is printed.
Peel / Rewind
Peel / Rewind is for applications that require on-demand labeling. The printer can be ordered with a peel/ rewind or it can be field installed at a later date by an authorized service representative.
Quick Change Memory Card
QCMC (Quick Change Memory Card) is an additional way to make your printer installation a snap. The Quick Change Memory Card (QCMC) stores your printer’s configuration and network setting that allows you to easily install new printers and if a printer ever fails, allow easy change out to a new printer by your operator.