On November 9, 2015, Printronix Auto ID signed an agreement to sell its Thermal/AIDC business to TSC Auto ID Technology Co., Ltd. After the acquisition took place, this division became known as Printronix Auto ID Technology.
On February 1, 2016, TSC’s Americas headquarters were moved to Brea, Calif., from Pomona in a new-designed office that currently houses both the TSC and Printronix Auto ID teams under one roof.
Since this acquisition took place, the combined forces of TSC Auto ID and Printronix Auto ID have led to significant innovations and a new product roadmap.
Benefits of the Merger: Quick Video
Discover some of the benefits this merger has brought to fruition in this short video featuring Printronix Auto ID Software Manager Ming-te Chen, Director of Software Engineering Bill Brown, and Director of Hardware Engineering Andy Edwards:
Innovation Timeline since 2015
And what has happened at Printronix Auto ID since this merger in 2015?
- July 2016: Printronix launched our new Power Partner Program. The program was designed to recruit, retain, and enable a rich ecosystem of reseller partners that facilitate mutual customers to accelerate the adoptions of cutting-edge printing and validation solutions.
- September 2016: We introduced our T6000 series of high-performance thermal barcode printers with RFID capabilities.
- February 2017: Printronix announced the release of the affordable T400 compact desktop printer series.
- April 2017: We announced the release of our new desktop printer series consisting of two printers designed to thrive in real-world environments.
- January 2018: This was our most exciting product announcement yet — the introduction of the ODV-2D, the industry’s first affordable, fully integrated solution with the ability to print and verify 1D and 2D barcodes.
- January 2018: We released an update to our popular new ODV-2D thermal barcode printer/validator. In addition to several other 1D and 2D barcodes, the ODV-2D now supports QR barcodes.
- November 2018: We introduced our T800 high-performance thermal desktop printer to the world.
- January 2019: Printronix Auto ID and TSC Auto ID’s labeling solutions expanded greatly with the acquisition of Diversified Labeling Solutions (DLS).
- March 2019: We expanded our portfolio significantly with the introduction of our T4000 compact thermal barcode printer with RFID capabilities.
- September 24, 2019: Expect a new RFID printer announcement!
- October 2019: Look for another new printer introduction!
What to Expect in the Future
And these are just the tip of the iceberg.
Stay tuned for new product announcements and innovations later this year and in the future. As you’ll continue to see, Printronix Auto ID and TSC Auto ID will bring even more myriad innovations to the AIDC industry and will continue to do so as we grow worldwide.