The Enter key on Printronix Auto ID thermal barcode printers is used to allow changes made to the printer’s configuration to be saved. When the printer powers on, the Enter key is locked to protect against unintentional menu changes.
Watch the short video below to learn more.
- Using the printer’s front panel, press the UP & DOWN arrow keys simultaneously and then release
- The printer will display this message: ATTENTION ENTER SWITCH UNLOCKED
- You may also unlock the ENTER key using the printer’s integrated PrintNet Enterprise (internal web interface)
- Hold down the SHIFT key on your computer keyboard and then click on the UP and then the DOWN arrows and the display will appear again
- You will now be able to save the changes made to the printer’s configuration