The T8000 is the premier high-end thermal printer.
With unmatched industrial performance, ease of use, and 100% verifiable output, the T8000 exceeds the requirements of the most demanding mission critical manufacturing and distribution operations. Highlights of the T8000 include:
New 3.4” full color display panel with easy to use navigation keys
Most extensive library of print emulations in the industry, including Postscript/PDF printing
Intuitive printer setup, print quality, and self-help wizard
Quick Change Memory Card stores printer configuration and network settings for easy installation of new printers
Seamless integration & connectivity with robust remote printer management
40% faster print speed, 6x faster processing speed, and 8x more memory than the competition
Rugged design for the most demanding global customers and the harshest environments
Energy Star compliant
Online Barcode Data Validation (ODV-1D) is available as an option on the T8000. ODV technology reads each 1 dimensional barcode as it is printed, grades the barcode, then strikes-out rejected barcodes and automatically prints a new label.
Automatic capture of statistics that can be used as certification stamp and audit
Eliminates compliance fines and returned shipments with 100% accurate barcodes, 100% of the time.
- High performance ARM Cortex-A9
- Available in 203 DPI and 300 DPI
- 4”, 6”, and 8” model configurations
- Die-cast aluminum frame w/metal doors
- Dual motor ribbon drive system
- Transfer and direct printing
- State-of-the-art WiFi Connectivity
- 512MB RAM / 128 Flash Memory
- 4-32 GB SD flash memory card capability
- Premium Asian and Andale font support
- ENERGY STAR Certified. Printronix Auto ID is proud to offer our customers products that have earned the government’s ENERGY STAR label
- Max Print Speed (4”/6”/8”): 14/12/10 IPS @ 203 DPI 12/10/8/ IPS @300 DPI
- Print Method: Transfer and Direct
- Resolution: 203 DPI or 300 DPI
- Max. Print Width: 4.1” (104mm)/6.6” (168mm)/8.5” (216mm)
- Printer Memory: 512MB RAM / 128MB Flash
- Media Type: Roll or Fan-Fold Labels, Tags, Paper, Film, Tickets
- Min. Media Width: (4”/6”/8”): 1” (25.4mm)/2” (50.8mm)/3” (76.2mm)
- Max. Media Width: 4.5” (114.3mm)/6.8” (172.7mm)/8.75” (222.2mm)
- Min. Media Length: 0.25” / 1.0” (Continuous/Tear-Off)/0.5” (Peel-Off)
- Max. Media Length: Up to 99” (251.46cm)
- Media Thickness: 0.0635mm (0.0025”) to 0.254mm (0.010”)
- Media Roll Core Diameter: 1.5” (37.5mm) to 3.0” (76mm)
- Max. Media Roll Diameter: 8.0” (209mm)
- Media Sensing: Gap, Mark, Advanced Gap, Advanced Notch
- Ribbon Type: Wax, Wax/Resin, Resin
- Min. Ribbon Width: (4”/6”/8”) 1” (25.4mm)/2” (50.8mm)/3” (76.2mm)
- Max. Ribbon Width: (4”/6”/8”) 4.5” (114.3mm)/6.8” (172.7mm)/8.75” (222.2mm)
- Max. Ribbon Length: 625 Meters
- Width (4″/6″/8″): 11.7″ (297.2mm) / 13.4″ (340.4mm) / 15.4″ (391.2mm)
- Height (4″/6″/8″): 13″ (330.2mm) / 13″ (330.2mm) / 13″ (330.2mm)
- Depth (4″/6″/8″): 20.5″ (520.7mm) /20.5″ (520.7mm) / 20.5″ (520.7mm)
- Printer Weight (4″/6″/8″): 37 lbs. (16.7Kg.) / 40 lbs. (18.1 Kg.) / 43 lbs. (19.5Kg.)
- Shipping Weight (4″/6″/8″): 46 lbs. (20.8Kg.) / 49 lbs. (22.2 Kg.) / 52 lbs. (23.6Kg.)
PROGRAMMING PRINTER LANGUAGES
- IGP Languages: PGL/VGL/ZGL/TGL/IGL/STGL/DGL/IEGL/MGL
- Line Printer Plus Languages: P-Series + XQ, Proprinter, Serial Matrix, Epson
- Job Control Languages: PJL, XML, and PTX-SETUP
- Optional Languages: IPDS, TN5250/TN3270, PDF Level 1.7, Postscript Level 3
COMMUNICATION AND CONNECTIVITY/INTERFACE
- Standard Interface I/O: Serial RS232, USB, and Ethernet 10/100Base T
- Optional Interface I/O: Parallel, WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n), GPIO
- WiFi Security Protocol: WEP 40/128bit, WPA Personal (TKIP), WPA2 Personal (AES/CCMP), EAP-PEAP, EAP-TTLS, PEAPv0/EAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-TLS
- Online Data Validator (ODV) – Validates, Grade, Report, and Overstrike barcodes Supports 1D Barcodes
MEDIA HANDLING MODES
- Standard: Continuous, Tear-Off Strip, Tear-Off
- Options: Peel-Off, Cut, and Rewind
- Operating Temperature (Direct Thermal w/o accessories): 23 to 104 F (-5 to 40 C)
- Operating Temperature (Thermal Transfer or Direct Thermal w/ accessories): 40 to 104 F (5 to 40 C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 20 to 85% Non-Condensing
- Storage Temperature: -23 to 140 deg. F, (-5 to 60 deg. C)
- Storage Humidity Range: 5% to 85% Non-condensing
- Line Input: Auto Range 90 – 264 VAC (48 – 62 Hz)
- Emissions: FCC, CE, CCC
- Safety: cTUVus, CE, EAC, SABS, RCM, CCC, KCC, BSMI, S-MARK, NOM
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, Energy Star
- 1D Barcodes: BC-412, Code 11, Code 39, Code 35, Code 93, Codabar, Code128 Subsets A/B/C, Industrial 2 of 5, Interleave 2 of 5, German I-2/5, EAN-8, EAN-13, UCC/EAN-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, UPCSHIP, UPS 11, MSI, Matrix 2 of 5, PLESSEY, POSTNET, 4-state PostBar, Australian 4-state, FIM, ITF14, TELEPEN, PLANET, USPS Intelligent Mail, LOGMARS
- 2D Barcodes: PDF-417, MicroPDF-417, Maxicode, DataMatrix, QR Codes, Aztec, GS1 Databar (RSS-14)
FONT, GRAPHIC SUPPORT
- Graphic Formats: PCX, TIFF, BMP, PNG
- Font Technologies: Intellifont, TrueType, Unicode
- Standard Fonts: OCRA, OCRB, Courier, Letter Gothic, CG Times, CG Triumvirate/Bold/Condensed
- Asian Fonts (Optional SD card): Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- Andale Fonts (Optional SD card): Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese
- PDF/ PostScript Level 3: 35 Fonts
REMOTE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
- PrintNet Enterprise Suite: Enterprise grade remove management solution
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Rewind with Peel & Present 4”/6”/8”
- Parallel Port Card
- Heavy Duty Cutter 4”/6”/8”
- Premium Asian Font Cards
- Premium Andale Font Cards
- QCMC (SD Quick Change Memory Card)
- Online Data Validator (ODV)
Thermal Barcode Media
The best printing solution is achieved when the printer, ribbon, and media are matched to the application requirements. The use of Genuine Printronix Thermal Media will ensure image quality, consistent bar code or RFID tag performance, and optimum application output required for today’s production environments.
Thermal Transfer Ribbons
Genuine Printronix Thermal Transfer Ribbons used in a thermal or RFID printer are a critical element of the printing system. It’s design, specification and selection are of the utmost importance in maintaining the integrity of the printer and the application. Printronix, with its years of experience in the design of printers and their applications, promises that you will receive the exact material required to maximize the performance of your Printronix printer.
Printronix Printheads are engineered to optimize performance of your Printronix printer. Designed to be end-user replaceable; our easy to install printheads ensures a quick replacement, reducing downtime and minimizing operating costs. Available in 203 & 300 dpi options for 4″ and 6″ formats. Use genuine Printronix Thermal Media to double your Printhead warranty.
Printronix offers a complete line of cleaning supplies to keep your printer operating at maximum efficiency. Cleaning supplies include cleaning cards, swabs, pens and wipes.
Barcode Online Data Validator (ODV)
Online Data Validator (ODV) is an option exclusive to Printronix Auto ID. This unique barcode validation option scans every barcode as it is printed. If a barcode fails, the label is automatically crossed out and a replacement label is printed. The ODV option is available as a kit and can be field installed by an authorized service representative. ODV-2D is for validating 1D or 2D barcodes and is not available as a field option for the T8000. If you need to validate 2D barcodes we recommend buying the ODV-2D.
The T8000 printer comes standard with Serial RS232, USB and Ethernet 10/100 Base T. It can also be ordered with the following communication Interfaces:
– WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) is compatible with PrintNet Enterprise. It can be can be factory installed or installed in the field by an authorized service representative.
– GPIO Module (General Purpose Input Output) is both hardware and software. The hardware is the actual IO board to be mounted in the printer, and the software is the GPIO Manager which is part of the Printronix PrintNet Enterprise remote management software. The GPIO hardware is a printed circuit board containing optically isolated inputs, outputs and relays. The GPIO software is both a printer resident GPIO event parser and a PC-based GPIO manager that allows the user to define how the general purpose IO hardware should behave for the given application.
– Parallel Port can be used for connecting from the host through the parallel cable. .
Printronix Auto ID printers include as a standard feature, the industry’s largest selection of emulations including PGL, VGL, ZPL, TGL, IGL,IPL, STGL, DGL,IEGL, MGL. Additional emulation options include:
– Postscript/PDF supports the latest ERP systems and Plug-n-Play with native SAP drivers. The option allows you to expand your operational abilities with a full range of fonts and symbols to easily customize labels.
– IPDS – IBM Intelligent printer data-stream.
– Telnet – The TN feature enables your printer to communicate with an IBM host through a network interface using the 5250/3270 data-stream. This feature allows you to use an application generated for the coax/twinax emulation to be printed through the network interface.
PrintNet Enterprise (PNE) is a remote printer management utility that allows you to easily organize your Printronix printers into a single dashboard from which you can monitor and control your printers from any networked PC. PNE allows you to remotely download configurations, firmware updates and create reports for an entire fleet of printers. PNE is compatible with all Printronix Auto ID printers and is available at no charge. IS it compatible with all printers?
Peel & Present
Peel & Present may be ordered factory installed, or the option can be installed by an authorized service representative at a later date. Once installed, the printer can be configured to automatically peel and present each label.
How is the T8000 Series positioned within the Printronix Auto ID thermal printer portfolio?
The T8000 Series is the premier high-end industrial thermal printer for the most demanding mission critical manufacturing and distribution operations.
Is the T8000 Series replacing an existing Printronix Auto ID printer?
Yes. It replaces our existing T5000r-ES Series.
What are the major differences between the T8000 vs. T5000r Series?
The T8000 Series offers 40% faster print speed, a new modern industrial design, full color 3.4” display panel, Quick Change Memory Card (QCMC) option, and industry first PostScript/PDF support.
Is there a performance improvement with the new T8000 Series?
Definitely. The T8000 printers offer 6x faster processing speed, 8x more standard memory, and 40% faster print speed.
Is the T8000 Series more expensive than the T5000r Series?
No. The T8000 Series is priced equal or less than the current T5000r ES Series.
What are the different width size models available with the T8000 Series?
The models are featured in 4, 6 and 8 inch widths, matching the current widths from the T5000r-ES Series.
My applications require both Direct and Transfer printing method. Can the T8000 support both Direct and Transfer printing?
Yes, the printer comes configured to print for both Direct and Transfer printing.
What sets the T8000 apart from other thermal barcode printers in the market?
The T8000 Series offers unmatched industrial performance, ease of use, and 100% verifiable output. Rugged design and the industry leading ability to print PostScript/PDF, and sub-zero temperatures features without heating enclosures make the T8000 printer the smart choice for all industrial thermal printing.
What are the primary target user environments for the T8000 Series?
The T8000 Series its Powerful, Reliable, and Proven to withstand the harshest environments in any industrial or commercial settings. It is the perfect solution for any manufacturing, transportation & logistics, and retail distribution centers.
What is the average and maximum recommended print volume from the T8000 Series? How many labels per day?
The T8000 is designed to stand 24/7 operations, if properly maintained. Based on our customer feedback, the average label print volume ranges from 5,000 – 10,000 labels per day.
I am currently using a printer from one of your competitors. Can the T8000 Series replace my printer and plug-and-play without additional effort and cost?
The T8000 supports emulations for most major competitor printers; Zebra, Datamax, Sato, Toshiba Tec, Intermec, and more.
What is the benefit of having PostScript/PDF printer command language?
The major benefit of having PostScript/PDF printer command language is the ability to replace unreliable and high maintenance cost laser printers used to print labels.
What are the standard and optional communication interface ports for the T8000 Series?
Standard Interfaces are: RS-232 (9 pin), USB and Ethernet. Optional Interfaces are: Parallel IEEE1284, GPIO and Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n.
How do I configure and change the printer configuration using the color control panel?
The T8000 ICON based control panel will guide you through the changes of configuration and settings of the printer. With the user-friendly step-by-step setup wizard, you can manage the printer settings easily. If you need more information, please refer to the Administrator’s Manual.
How do I load labels and ribbons into the printer?
T8000 printers are one of the easiest printers to load media and ribbon into. Both are side-loaded. A ribbon and media loading illustration is available in the User’s Setup Guide and on the inside of the media cover. Also, a Printer Setup Wizard in the control panel describes in detail how it’s done or if you prefer, you can go to our How-to Videos section.
How do I calibrate the labels?
Calibration is described in the Control Panel Printer Setup Wizard. Also, under the Settings menu you select the Gap/Mark sensor that matches the type of media installed and then select the Auto Calibrate option. In addition, you can set the printer to do an Auto Calibrate at power up and/or when the pivoting deck is opened and then closed. In all cases the printer will advance a few labels and calibrate the sensors so that they will detect TOF.
How do I adjust for the best print quality?
A Print Quality Wizard under the Wizard Control Panel menu describes in detail how to obtain the best print quality.
Does Printronix Auto ID offer labels and ribbons for the T8000 Series?
Yes, the same labels and ribbons used on the T5000r ES Series printer are supported on the T8000.
Is a ribbon core required on the take-up spool?
Yes, and it is supplied with the printer.
Do I need a tool to replace the printhead?
No tools are required.
Can I swap the printhead from 203dpi to 300 dpi?
Yes. The printheads are user replaceable and will automatically detect and accept when a user has changed from a 203 to a 300 dpi or vice-versa.
Is the T8000 Series printhead backward compatible with T5000r ES?
No. New features, such as higher speed and a printhead that independently retains all the statistical printhead data, require a different printhead.
What is the Heavy Duty printhead?
The Heavy Duty printhead is optional. The printhead is coated with a stronger coating technology to better withstand the abrasion from harsh labels in direct printing applications. In addition, it will last longer when printing in dirty environments.
Why is the T8000 Series color display panel a Non-Touch screen?
Printronix has determined that a touch-screen panel would not be reliable enough for the harsh environments that many T8000 Series printers would be subjected to.
What is the blinking LED light on top of the control panel?
The light is a status indicator that allows a user to see from a distance whether the printer is Online ready to receive print data (solid light), Offline with no fault (no light) or at Fault (blinking light). Common faults include Paper Out or Ribbon Out.
What do the ICONs represent on the control panel?
Each of the specific icons on the control panel represents a setting, function, or feature of the printer.
How do I restore the printer back to factory defaults?
Use the front panel and select: Settings > Configs > Load Config > Factory.
What options and accessories are available with the T8000 Series?
The T8000 Series offers a number of options and accessories from media handling, optional communication interfaces, and many more found on our website.
Where can I download the printer Administrator’s Manual and Drivers?
You can download the Admin Manual and Drivers from http://printronixautoid.com/support/drivers/
What is the warranty on the T8000 printer?
The T8000 comes standard with a 1-Year Return to Depot warranty. Extended warranty and service packages are available.
I am having problem setting up the printer. Is there a 1-800-XXX-XXXX phone number for technical support?
For technical support, you may call 1-844-307-7120, or email: Service@PrintronixAutoID.com
T8000 Thermal Series with WiFi Option FAQs
What is the advantage of the T8000 with WiFi?
The T8000 Series is known for its ability to print high volumes in some of the most challenging work environments. The WiFi option dramatically improves versatility by bringing the T8000 directly to the “point-of-need” by eliminating the limitations of hardwired connections.
What are the core features of the T8000 WiFi?
The T8000 WiFi supports dual band 802.11a/b/g/n with 2.4GHz and 5GHz bandwidth providing flexibility while operating in crowded RF environments.
Can I run both Ethernet and WiFi?
The WiFi printer can be configured for either Ethernet or WiFi operation, but not both simultaneously. If an Ethernet cable is plugged in and connected with a host system, the Ethernet interface is active. In all other cases, the WiFi is active.
How do I configure the T8000 WiFi option?
When the WiFi option is installed, it can be configured through the Ethernet interface or the front panel menus. The T8000 features a full color display to simplify the setup and use of the printer. The Setup Wizard guides the operator through the printer setup, including WiFi configuration.
Does the T8000 WiFi support the latest security protocols?
The T8000 offers a full security suite including WEP 40/128bit, WPA Personal (TKIP) and WPA2 Personal (AES/CCMP). The WiFi option also supports several Enterprise level authentication protocols, including EAP-PEAP, EAP-TTLS, PEAPv0/MS-CHAPv2, EAP-TLS) to ensure a secure enterprise environment.
Are Security Certificates supported?
Security Certificates are supported as part of the T8000 Enterprise security suite. The process for loading security certificates is described in the T8000 Administrator’s Manual.
How do I access the real-time clock?
The WiFi option card includes a real-time clock to support time-restricted certificates. In addition, it can also be used for printing time stamps on date coded labels.
If I have an existing T8000 can I add the WiFi option?
Any T8000 Series printer that has a serial number that is 7T8V21605000 or higher, can be upgraded to include the WiFi option. These printers were manufactured after the fifth week of 2016 and have upgraded components. The upgrade kit part number is 258637-901. Firmware Program Files version 1.21E or higher must be installed. Some of the older printers may also have serial numbers that include 7PTX8 within the number series. These units are dedicated Ethernet and cannot be upgraded to WiFi.
Where can I access the T8000 WiFi firmware driver?
Please refer to the Printronix Auto ID webpage under the support section to access all drivers and downloads: http://printronixautoid.com/support/drivers/
Customize & Protect Your Printing Solution
Click on the Map below to locate a Partner in your area.
As a global printing solutions company, Printronix AutoID is proud to deliver a worldwide network of industry-leading partners who provide our premium printing solution and unrivaled support.