The Powerful T6000 represents the next generation industrial, high-performance thermal barcode printer.
Setting new benchmarks for speed, print quality, validation and reliability, the T6000 is engineered with the singular mission of increasing true productivity and lowering compliance fees. Loaded with advanced features, validation technology, RFID capabilities and the most comprehensive emulation package available, the T6000 delivers supercharged performance for a wide array of applications.
Stellar quality print at lighting fast speed, clocking in at 14 ips
Increased productivity at every shift as a direct result of the
ARM Cortex-A9 controller, processing barcode data faster than ever before
Ease-of-Use and an interactive screen reduces training and down time, helping your business focus on operational productivity
Plug-n-Play in any operational environment, with the ability to be networked via the most comprehensive printer emulations in the industry
Rugged design allows the T6000 to perform in even the most challenging environmental conditions
Wide-ranging RFID support for On-Pitch, Short-Pitch and Standard Pitch to handle a variety of applications
Exclusive validation solutions eliminate expensive compliance fees by producing 100% quality barcodes, 100% of the time
Comprehensive WiFi security suite featuring the very latest protocols to block unauthorized access and ensure peace of mind
Intelligent heat management system increases printhead life and improves barcode print quality while reducing operating costs
- High performance ARM Cortex-A9
- Die-cast aluminum frame w/metal door
- Transfer and direct printing
- 4″ and 6″ model configurations
- Premium Asian and Andale font support
- State-of-the-art WiFi connectivity
- Available in 203 DPI and 300 DPI
- 512MB RAM / 128MB Flash Memory
- 4-32 GB SD memory card capability
- ENERGY STAR Certified
- Printer Memory: 512MB RAM / 128MB Flash
- Printing Methods: Thermal transfer or Direct thermal
- Resolution: 203/300 DPI
- Max. Print Speed
- 14 IPS @ 203 DPI; 12 IPS @ 300 DPI [4″ model]
- 12 IPS @ 203 DPI; 10 IPS @ 300 DPI [6″ model]
- Max. Print Width:
- 4.1” (104mm) [4″ model]
- 6.6” (168mm) [6″ model]
- Media Types: Roll or Fan-Fold Labels, Tags, Paper, Film, Tickets
- Media Thickness: 2.5 Mil (0.0025″) to 10 Mil (0.010″)
- Roll Core Diameter: 1.5″ (37.5mm) to 3.0″ (76mm)
- Max. Media Roll Diameter: 8.0” (209mm)
- Media Sensing: Gap, Mark
- Max. Media Length: Up to 99″
- Media Width:
- 1.0” (25.4mm) to 4.5” (114.3mm) [4″ model]
- 2.0” (50.8mm) to 6.8” (172.7mm) [6″ model]
- Min. Media Length:
- 0.25” / 1.0″ (Continuous/Tear-Off)
- 1.0″ (Peel-Off)
- Ribbon Type: Wax, Wax/Resin, Resin
- Coating: Coated side in, coated side out
- Max. Ribbon Length: 450 Meters
- Min. Ribbon Width:
- 1″ (25.4mm) [4″ model]
- 2″ (50.8mm) [6″ model]
- Max. Ribbon Width:
- 4.5″ (114.3mm) [4″ model]
- 6.8″ (172.7mm) [6″ model]
- 10.9″ (276.9mm) [4″ model]
- 14.1″ (358.1mm) [6″ model]
- 12.3″ (312.4mm) [4″ model]
- 12.4″ (314.9mm) [6″ model]
- 20.3″ (515.6mm)
- Printer Weight:
- 33.6 lbs. (14.5Kg) [4″ model]
- 39 lbs. (17.4Kg) [6″ model]
- Shipping Weight:
- 42.6 lbs. (18.6Kg) [4″ model]
- 48 lbs. (21.5Kg) [6″ model]
- IGP Languages: PGL/VGL/ZGL/TGL/IGL/DGL/IEGL/MGLIGP
- Job Control Languages: PJL, XML, and PTX-SETUP
- Optional Languages:
- PDF Level 1.7, Postscript Level 3
COMMUNICATION & CONNECTIVITY/INTERFACE
- Standard Interface I/O: Serial RS232, USB, and Ethernet 10/100Base T
- Optional Interface I/O: Parallel, WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n), GPIO
- WiFi Security Protocol: WEP 40/128bit, WPA Personal (PSK), WPA2 Personal (PSK) and Enterprise (AES CCMP), EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLs, PEAPv0/MS-CHAPv2, PEAPv1, EAP-MD5
MEDIA HANDLING MODES
- Standard: Continuous, Tear-Off Strip, Tear-Off
- Options: Peel-Off, Cut, and Rewind
- Online Data Validator (ODV): Validates, Grade, Report, and Overstrike bar codes
- Supports 1D Barcodes (Picket Fence)
- Compatible with RFID encoding
- UHF EPC Gen2 / ISO18000-6C: Multi-position RF antenna, Advanced Printer Encoder Firmware encodes and validates Gen2 compliant tags
- On-Pitch label to 0.625 in (depending on inlay)
- PGL, ZPL, STGL, MGL language support
- Counters track good / bad label encoding
- Operating Temperature: 40 to 104°F (5 to 40°C)
- Operating Humidity: 20 – 85% Non-Condensing
- Storage Temperature: 23 to 140°F (-5 to 60°C)
- Storage Humidity: 5 – 85% Non-Condensing
- Line Input: Auto Range 100 – 264 VAC (48 – 62 Hz)
- Emissions: FCC, CE, CCC
- Safety: cTUVus, CE, EAC, SABS, RCM, CCC, KCC, S-MARK, NOM
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, Energy Star
- Radios (WiFi/RFID): FCC, CE, IC, and others based on market need
BAR CODE SYMBOLOGIES
- 1D Barcodes: BC-412, Code 11, Code 39, Code 35, Code 93, Codabar, Code128 Subsets A/B/C, Industrial 2 of 5, Interleave 2 of 5, German I-2/5, EAN-8, EAN-13, UCC/EAN-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, UPCSHIP, UPS 11, MSI, Matrix 2 of 5, PLESSEY, POSTNET, 4-state PostBar, Australian 4-state, FIM, ITF14, TELEPEN, PLANET, USPS Intelligent Mail, LOGMARS
- 2D Barcodes: PDF-417, MicroPDF-417, Maxicode, DataMatrix, QR Codes, Aztec, GS1 Databar (RSS-14)
FONT, GRAPHIC SUPPORT
- Graphic Formats: PCX, TIFF, BMP, PNG
- Font Technologies: Intellifont, TrueType, Unicode
- Standard Fonts: OCRA, OCRB, Courier, Letter Gothic, CG Times, CG Triumvirate/Bold/Condensed
- Asian Fonts (Optional SD card): Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- Andale Fonts (Optional SD card): Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese
- PDF/ PostScript Level 3: 35 Fonts
REMOTE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
- PrintNet Enterprise Auto ID: Enterprise Grade Remote Management Solution
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (US/EU/CAN)
- Parallel Port
- Online Data Validator (ODV)
- Rewind 4″/6″
- Heavy Duty Cutter 4″/6″
- Peel & Present 4″/6″
- Premium Asian Font Cards
- Andale Font Cards
- QCMC (SD Quick Change Memory Card)
- UHF RFID (US 902-928MHz, EU 866-868MHz)
Thermal Barcode Media
The best printing solution is achieved when the printer, ribbon, and media are matched to the application requirements. The use of Genuine Printronix Thermal Media will ensure image quality, consistent bar code or RFID tag performance, and optimum application output required for today’s production environments.
Thermal Transfer Ribbons
Genuine Printronix Thermal Transfer Ribbons used in a thermal or RFID printer are a critical element of the printing system. It’s design, specification and selection are of the utmost importance in maintaining the integrity of the printer and the application. Printronix, with its years of experience in the design of printers and their applications, promises that you will receive the exact material required to maximize the performance of your Printronix printer.
Printronix Printheads are engineered to optimize performance of your Printronix printer. Designed to be end-user replaceable; our easy to install printheads ensures a quick replacement, reducing downtime and minimizing operating costs. Available in 203 & 300 dpi options for 4″ and 6″ formats. Use genuine Printronix Thermal Media to double your Printhead warranty.
Printronix offers a complete line of cleaning supplies to keep your printer operating at maximum efficiency. Cleaning supplies include cleaning cards, swabs, pens and wipes.
ODV-1 Barcode Data Validator
Online Data Validator (ODV) is an option exclusive to our T6000 and T8000 printers. This unique barcode validation option scans every barcode as it is printed. If a barcode fails, the label is automatically crossed out and a replacement label is printed. The ODV option is available as a kit and can be field installed by an authorized service representative. ODV-2D is for validating 2D barcodes and is not available as a kit for the T6000. The T6000 strikes through approximately 1” of the rejected label. To strike though the entire label we recommend buying the ODV-2D.
PrintNet Enterprise (PNE) is a remote printer management utility that allows you to easily organize your Printronix printers into a single dashboard from which you can monitor and control your printers from any networked PC. PNE allows you to remotely download configurations, firmware updates and create reports for an entire fleet of printers. PNE is compatible with all Printronix Auto ID printers and is available at no charge.
The T6000 printer comes standard with Serial RS232, USB and Ethernet 10/100 Base T. It can also be ordered with the following communication Interfaces:
– WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n) is compatible with PrintNet Enterprise. It can be can be factory installed or installed in the field by an authorized service representative.
– GPIO Module (General Purpose Input Output) is both hardware and software. The hardware is the actual IO board to be mounted in the printer, and the software is the GPIO Manager which is part of the Printronix PrintNet Enterprise remote management software. The GPIO hardware is a printed circuit board containing optically isolated inputs, outputs and relays. The GPIO software is both a printer resident GPIO event parser and a PC-based GPIO manager that allows the user to define how the general purpose IO hardware should behave for the given application.
– Parallel Port can be used for connecting external devices such as printers or scanners.
Printronix Auto ID printers include as a standard feature, the industry’s largest selection of emulations including PGL, VGL, ZPL, TGI, IGL,IPL, STGL, DGL,IEGL MGL. Additional emulation options include:
– Postscript/PDF – Supports the latest ERP systems and Plug-n-Play with native SAP drivers. This option allows you to expand your operational abilities with a full range of fonts and symbols to easily customize labels.
– IPDS – IBM Intelligent Printer Data Stream.
– Telnet – The TN feature enables your printer to communicate with an IBM host through a network using the 5250/3270 data stream. It also allows you to use an application generated for the coax/twinax emulation to be printed through the network interface.
RFID can be factory installed when you order the printer or installed at a later date in the field by an authorized representative. The Upgrade Kit allows customers to upgrade their standard T6000 thermal barcode printer (4in only) to a RFID printer.
Cutter & Cutter Tray
Cutter & Cutter Tray can be ordered with a 4” or 6” cutter mechanism factory installed or the option can be installed by an authorized service representative at a later date. Once installed, the printer can be configured to automatically cut media after each or a specified number of labels is printed.
Peeler & Rewinder
Peeler/Rewinder is for applications that require on the spot labeling or batch production, the internal rewinder supports Peel-Off and Batch Rewind media handling modes. The printer can be ordered with a 4“or 6” peeler/rewinder or it can be field installed at a later date by an authorized service representative.
Quick Change Memory Card
QCMC (Quick Change Memory Card) is an additional way to make your printer installation a snap. The Quick Change Memory Card (QCMC) stores your printer’s configuration and network setting that allows you to easily install new printers and if a printer ever fails, allow easy change out to a new printer by your operator.
How is the T6000 positioned within the Printronix thermal printer portfolio?
The T6000 is the premier mid-level industrial thermal printer for the most demanding mission critical manufacturing and distribution operations in the mid-range market.
Is the T6000 replacing an existing Printronix printer?
Yes, it replaces our existing T4M Thermal Printer.
What are the major differences between the T6000 vs. T4M?
The T6000 is available in both a 4” and 6” model and offers 40% faster print speed at 14 IPS, full color 3.4” display panel, and PostScript/PDF support. The T6000 also offers the option for Online Data Validation to help eliminate unreadable codes, charge-backs, and fines.
Is there a performance improvement with the new T6000?
Definitely, the T6000 printers offer 6x faster processing speed, 8x more standard memory, and 40% faster print speed at 14 inches per second (ips).
Is the T6000 more expensive than the T4M?
No, the T6000 starts at a comparable price level as the T4M, and offers a number of less expensive options.
What are the different width size models available with the T6000?
The models are featured in 4 and 6 inch widths.
My applications require both Direct and Transfer printing method. Can the T6000 support both Direct and Transfer printing?
Yes, the printer comes configured to print for both Direct and Transfer printing.
What sets the T6000 apart from other thermal barcode printers in the market?
The speed, versatility, and reliability of the T6000 make it the premier printer for the mid-range market. The Printronix Auto ID Intelligent Heat Management system insures that the T6000 can print readable codes at higher speeds than competitive printers for true productivity. The option to include RFID or Optical Data Verification (ODV) makes the T6000 truly versatile to address new applications and market requirements. The T6000 has the most extensive emulation package in the industry and can easily fit into a wide variety of print environments.
What are the primary target user environments for the T6000?
The versatility of the T6000 makes it the premier printer for the mid-range market. Automobile, food & beverage, and retail distribution are a perfect match for the capabilities of the T6000.
I am currently using a printer from one of your competitors. Can the T6000 replace my printer and plug-and-play without additional effort and cost?
The T6000 supports emulations for most major competitor printers; Zebra, Datamax, Sato, Toshiba Tec, Intermec, and more.
What is the benefit of having PostScript/PDF printer command language?
The major benefit of having PostScript/PDF printer command language is the ability to replace unreliable and high maintenance cost laser printers used to print labels.
What are the standard and optional communication interface ports?
Standard Interfaces are: RS-232 (9 pin), USB and Ethernet. Optional Interfaces are: Parallel IEEE1284, GPIO and Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n.
How do I configure and change the printer configuration using the color control panel?
The ICON based control panel will guide you through the changes of configuration and settings of the printer. With the user-friendly step-by-step setup wizard, you can manage the printer settings easily. If you need more information, please refer to the Administrator’s Manual.
How do I load labels and ribbons into the printer?
T6000 printer offers extremely simple side loading of media and ribbon. An easy to follow illustration is available in the User’s Setup Guide and on the inside of the media cover. Also, a Printer Setup Wizard in the control panel describes in detail how it’s done. If you prefer, you can always go to our “How-to Videos” section.
How do I calibrate the labels?
The Control Panel Printer Setup Wizard provides an easy-to-follow calibration process. The Settings menu allows you to select the Gap/Mark sensor to match the type of media installed. In addition, you can set the printer to do an Auto Calibrate at power up or when the pivoting deck has opened and closed. In all cases the printer will advance a few labels and calibrate the sensors so that they will detect top-of-form (TOF).
How do I adjust for the best print quality?
A Print Quality Wizard under the Wizard Control Panel menu describes in detail how to obtain the best print quality.
Does Printronix offer labels and ribbons?
Yes, Printronix Auto ID offers a portfolio of labels and ribbons that will optimize the print quality and productivity of the T6000 Thermal Printer.
Is a ribbon core required on the take-up spool?
No, the T6000 features an improved design with a releasable take-up spindle that does not require a spool. This simplifies printer operation and maintenance.
Do I need a tool to replace the printhead?
No, printhead replacement is a simple process that requires no additional tools.
Can I swap the printhead from 203dpi to 300 dpi?
Yes, the printheads are user replaceable and will automatically detect and accept when a user has changed from a 203 to a 300 dpi or vice-versa.
Is the T6000 printhead backward compatible with T5000 or T4M?
No, new features, such as higher speeds and a printhead that independently retains all the statistical printhead data, require a different printhead.
How do I restore the printer back to factory defaults?
Use the front panel and select: Settings > Configs > Load Config > Factory.
What options and accessories are available with the T6000?
The T6000 offers a number of options and accessories from media handling, optional communication interfaces, RFID, and many more found on our website.
Where can I download the printer Administrator’s Manual and Drivers?
You can download the Admin Manual and Drivers from the support section of our website.
What is the warranty on the T6000 printer?
The T6000 comes standard with a 1-Year Return to Depot warranty. Extended warranty and service packages are available. For more warranty information, please click here.
I am having problem setting up the printer. Is there a 1-800-XXX-XXXX phone number for technical support?
The media loading label located on the media bay cover includes technical support contact information. These numbers are also found at the back of the T6000 Administrators Manual.
Customize & Protect Your Printing Solution
Click on the Map below to locate a Partner in your area.
As a global printing solutions company, Printronix AutoID is proud to deliver a worldwide network of industry-leading partners who provide our premium printing solution and unrivaled support.