ODV-2D is the industry’s first affordable, fully integrated solution with the ability to print and validate 1D and 2D barcodes.
Built on the robust T8000 printer platform, ODV-2D includes a built-in data validator that grades barcodes to ISO standards and stores a detailed report of each transaction. Our exclusive technology reads each barcode, overstrikes the entire label of a rejected barcode, and reprints a new label.
Validation & Productivity
- Validates full suite of ID & 2D barcodes with up to 50 barcodes per label
- Prints up to 8 ips with full validation, grading & compliance reporting
- Grades to ISO standards including Quiet Zone & Check Sum errors
- Full label back-up and overstrike
- Barcode “GPS” dynamically locates barcode, orientation & improved throughput
- Most affordable, fully integrated solution on the market
- Most extensive suite of printer emulations in the industry
- PrintNet Enterprise Auto ID provides global or enterprise wide network access, control, update and reporting
- Supports Ethernet or WiFi & includes 802.11ac for faster communication & improved range
- Extensive and scalable security solutions
- Built on the proven design of our most robust printer, the T8000
- Dual motor design for outstanding print quality & productivity
- Large 3.4” color display panel with intuitive menu and navigation keys
- Intelligent heat management for longer printhead life outstanding print quality even at top speeds
- High performance ARM Cortex-A9
- Available in 203 DPI and 300 DPI
- Die-cast aluminum frame w/metal door
- Dual motor ribbon drive system* Transfer and direct printing
- 512MB RAM / 128MB Flash Memory* 4” model configuration
- 4-32 GB SD memory card capability
- Premium Asian and Andale font support
- ENERGY STAR Certified
- State-of-the-art WiFi connectivity
- Max. Print Speed
- 8 IPS @ 203 DPI
- 8 IPS @ 300 DPI
- Printing Methods: Thermal transfer or Direct thermal
- Resolution: 203/300 DPI
- Max. Print Width:
- 4.1” (104mm)
- Printer Memory: 512MB RAM / 128MB Flash
- Media Types: Roll or Fan-Fold Labels, Tags, Paper, Film, Tickets
- Media Width:
- 1.0” (25.4mm) to 4.5” (114.3mm)
- Min. Media Length:
- 0.25” / 1.0″ (Continuous/Tear-Off)
- .5″ (Peel-Off)
- Max. Media Length: Up to 99″
- Media Thickness: 2.5 Mil (0.0025″) to 10 Mil (0.010″)
- Roll Core Diameter: 1.5″ (37.5mm) to 3.0″ (76mm)
- Max. Media Roll Diameter: 8.0” (209mm)
- Media Sensing: Gap, Mark, Advanced Gap, Advanced Notc
- Ribbon Type: Wax, Wax/Resin, Resin
- Min. Ribbon Width:
- 1″ (25.4mm)
- Max. Ribbon Width:
- 4.5″ (114.3mm)
- Max. Ribbon Length: 625 Meters
- 11.7″ (297.2mm) ]
- 13″ (330.2mm)
- 20.5″ (520.7mm)
- Printer Weight:
- 37 lbs. (16.7Kg.)
- Shipping Weight:
- 46 lbs. (20.8Kg) ]
- IGP Languages: PGL/VGL/ZGL/TGL/IGL/DGL/IEGL/MGL
- Job Control Languages: PJL, XML, and PTX-SETUP
- Optional Languages:
- PDF Level 1.7, Postscript Level 3
COMMUNICATION & CONNECTIVITY/INTERFACE
- Standard Interface I/O: Serial RS232, USB, and Ethernet 10/100Base T
- Optional Interface I/O: Parallel, WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n 2.4GHz), (802.11 a/n/ac 5GHz) GPIO
- WiFi Security Protocol: WEP 40/128bit, WPA Personal (TKIP), WPA2 Personal (AES/CCMP), EAP-PEAP, EAP-TTLS, PEAPv0/EAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-TLS Security Certificates
MEDIA HANDLING MODES
- Standard: Continuous, Tear-Off Strip, Tear-Off
- Options: Peel-Off, Rewind
- Barcode Type: 1D & 2D
- Read Technology: 5MP Camera
- Barcode GPS: Yes
- Max Barcodes per label: 50
- Overstrike Area: Full label
- Validate Min. X-Dimension: 10 mils
- Validate Max. X-Dimensions: 60 mils
- Barcode Orientation: 0°, 90°, 180°, 270°
- Barcode Grading: A, B, C, D, F
- Grading Report: Yes
- Validation Standard: Based on ISO/IEC 15415, 15416
- Enterprise Network Support: Yes w/PNE
- Operating Temperature:
- Direct Thermal w/o accessories
- : 23° to 104°F (-5 to 40°C)
- Thermal Transfer:
- 40° to 104°F (5 to 40°C)
- Direct Thermal w/o accessories
- Operating Humidity: 20 – 85% Non-Condensing
- Storage Temperature: 23 to 140°F (-5 to 60°C)
- Storage Humidity: 5 – 85% Non-Condensing
- Line Input: Auto Range 90 – 264 VAC (48 – 62 Hz)
- Emissions: FCC, CE, CCC
- Safety: cTUVus, CE
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, Energy Star
BARCODES SUPPORTED FOR VALIDATION*
- 1D Barcodes: Code 39, Code 93, Interleave 2/5, Code128, EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN UPC add-ons, Codabar
- 2D Barcodes: PDF-417, PDF-417 Truncated, PDF-417 Micro, DataMatrix, Datamatrix ECC 200, QR, Aztec,* Call to confirm compatibility, not all barcodes listed may be available initially.
FONT, GRAPHIC SUPPORT
- Graphic Formats: PCX, TIFF, BMP, PNG
- Font Technologies: Intellifont, TrueType, Unicode
- Standard Fonts: OCRA, OCRB, Courier, Letter Gothic, CG Times, CG Triumvirate/Bold/Condensed
- Asian Fonts (Optional SD card): Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- Andale Fonts (Optional SD card): Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese
- PDF/ PostScript Level 3: 35 Fonts
REMOTE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
- PrintNet Enterprise Auto ID: Enterprise Grade Remote Management Solution
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (US/EU/CAN)
- Parallel Port
- Peel & Present
- Premium Asian Font Cards
- Premium Andale Font Cards
- QCMC (SD Quick Change Memory Card)
Supplies & AccessoriesContact Us
PRINTNET ENTERPRISE (PNE) is a remote printer management utility that allows you to easily organize your Printronix printers into a single dashboard from which you can monitor and control your printers from any networked PC. PNE allows you to remotely download configurations, firmware updates and create reports for an entire fleet of printers. PNE is compatible with all Printronix Auto ID printers
The ODV-2D PRINTER comes standard with Serial RS232, USB and Ethernet 10/100 Base T. It can also be ordered with the following communication Interfaces:
WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n) is compatible with PrintNet Enterprise. It can be can be factory installed or installed in the field by an authorized service representative. •
GPIO Module (General Purpose Input Output) is both hardware and software. The hardware is the actual IO board to be mounted in the printer, and the software is the GPIO Manager which is part of the Printronix PrintNet Enterprise remote management software. The GPIO hardware is a printed circuit board containing optically isolated inputs, outputs and relays. The GPIO software is both a printer resident GPIO event parser and a PC-based GPIO manager that allows the user to define how the general purpose IO hardware should behave for the given application.
Parallel Port can be used for connecting external devices such as printers or scanners.
Printronix Auto ID printers include as a standard feature, the industry’s largest selection of emulations including PGL, VGL, ZPL, TGI, IGL,IPL, STGL, DGL,IEGL MGL. Additional emulation options include:
Postscript/PDF supports the latest ERP systems and Plug-n-Play with native SAP drivers. The option allows you to expand your operational abilities with a full range of fonts and symbols to easily customize labels.
IPDS (Intelligent Printer Data Stream) with standard emulations is devoted to the printing of mission critical applications and large volume printing at high speeds.
is for applications that require on the spot labeling or batch production, the internal rewinder supports Peel-Off and Batch Rewind media handling modes. The printer can be ordered with a 4“or 6” peeler/rewinder or it can be field installed at a later date by an authorized service representative.
Thermal Transfer Ribbons
Genuine Printronix Thermal Transfer Ribbons used in a thermal or RFID printer are a critical element of the printing system. It’s design, specification and selection are of the utmost importance in maintaining the integrity of the printer and the application. Printronix, with its years of experience in the design of printers and their applications, promises that you will receive the exact material required to maximize the performance of your Printronix printer.
Thermal Barcode Media The best printing solution is achieved when the printer, ribbon, and media are matched to the application requirements. The use of Genuine Printronix Thermal Media will ensure image quality, consistent barcodes or RFID tag performance, and optimum application output required for today’s production environments.
Printronix Printheads are engineered to optimize performance of your Printronix printer. Designed to be end-user replaceable; our easy to install printheads ensures a quick replacement, reducing downtime and minimizing operating costs. Available for most printers in 203 & 300 dpi formats.
The ODV-2D is only available in a 4-inch version, will there be a 6-inch and/or 8-inch model in the future?
The ODV-2D is only available in a 4-inch version at this time. There are no immediate plans for a wider version.
Is the ODV-1D option going to be discontinued?
The ODV-1D will continue to be available in 4-inch, 6-inch, and 8-inch versions.
Are ODV-2D units available for order?
The ODV-2D is in full production. Units can be ordered through our Regional sales channels. There has been a great deal of interest and demand in 2D validation.
What is the price positioning of the ODV-2D?
The list price for the ODV-2D option is $2,195. The ODV-2D option will be added to the T8000 price list as an available option.
Can the ODV-2D be sold as a kit that can be added to an existing installation?
No. The ODV-2D must be purchased at the same time as the original sale of the T8000 due to precise production requirements.
Are all the same T8000 Field Kit Options available with the ODV-2D?
All of the same T8000 4-inch Field kit Options are available at launch except for a cutter. A newly designed cutter option will be required to be functional with the
ODV-2D option. The website will be updated if this option becomes available.
Why are installation and service costs for the ODV-2D higher than the ODV-1D?
The ODV-2D option is a state-of-the-art image capture technology that is more versatile and complex than the ODV-1D. As a result, more time is allowed for both installing and servicing the ODV-2D to precisely calibrate the printer to match high levels of performance and production.
Can the ODV-2D work with 1D and 2D barcodes?
Yes, the ODV-2D can handle both 1D and 2D barcodes in any orientation, including picket fence and ladder barcodes. Some 2D barcodes may not be available at launch. Please refer to the ODV-2D Printer Specifications on the Printronix Auto ID website.
What barcode formats can be detected?
The ODV-2D can handle the full suite of 1D barcodes (Code 39 CODABAR Interleafed 2 of 5 Code 93 Code 128 UPC/EAN plus add-ons PDF417 (Limited)
For 2D barcodes, the printer is currently able to handle DataMatrix and PDF417. QR codes, PDF417 Micro, PDF417 Truncated barcodes are under development and test. We will let you know as soon as they are available. Please check the Specification section on the Printronix Auto ID website
for ODV-2D for the latest status
Are the barcode dimension requirements for ODV-2D differ from ODV-1D?
Yes, the minimum X-Dimension supported for ODV-2D is 10 mils. As ODV-1D usually requires a shorter focal difference, and the ODV-1D specification supports down to 6.6 mils.
Is the ODV-2D available through Distribution sales channels?
To more closely monitor the initial installation of the ODV-2D technology, units will only be available through our Value Added Resellers.
Will the ODV-2D be installed and supported the same as the ODV-1D?
No, the ODV-2D requires installation by a Certified Technician. We are offering a Certification Program that provides training and testing for VAR partners on the installation, service, and first line of support for the ODV-2D. Third party Certified installation and support for the ODV-2D is available for those VAR partners that have not obtained certification.
Does the ODV-2D work at the same throughput speeds as the T8000?
No, the throughput speeds of the ODV-2D are highly dependent upon the setup and validation procedure options that are selected by the operator. In addition, label formats that have numerous barcodes with large data validation requirements will impact throughput speeds. However, the simplicity of setup, and operation of the ODV-2D provides significant advantages in the majority of applications. As a result, throughput speeds have not been an issue with initial installations. The Printronix Auto ID VAR partner is capable of evaluating your application to ensure that throughput speeds are optimized to meet your requirements.
Does the ODV-2D meet the ISO verifier standards?
The ISO standards were developed when the only equipment available was stand-alone instruments that scan static label images. There was no consideration for in-line real-time barcode verification. To meet production speeds and space requirements, the ODV-2D design is such that it does not strictly meet the ISO light source requirements, and the ODV-2D product specification allows for a slightly wider tolerance on grading accuracy. However, each unit is tested in production against GS1 Conformance Cards to assure the unit will grade barcodes reliably.
So, if the ODV-2D has a different design from a verifier, but has similar grading capabilities, is it considered a Validator or Verifier?
“Verifier” and “validator” are terms that are often used interchangeably in the industry, but ISO does have specific standards (see ISO 15426-1/2) to define a verifier. To avoid confusion over the slight performance differences against the ISO standard, we refer to the ODV-2D as a validator.
Is the WiFi 802.11ac functionality introduced with the ODV-2D available with other Printronix Auto ID printers?
Yes, the many advantages of 802.11ac functionality are available in the T8000 and T6000 models of printers. Typical WiFi speeds are expected to improve 3x to 5x over older WiFi versions.