The T400 is the premier printer for applications that require a compact, affordable and reliable barcode printer. With eight times more memory than its nearest competitor, plus a large range of standard and optional communication choices, the T400 is ready to keep up with your technology requirements today and tomorrow.
- Fastest printer in its class with market leading RAM and Flash memory for non-stop productivity
- Increased uptime with capability to hold large 5” diameter media roll
Ease of Use:
- Intuitive and compact design that enables easy media loading
- Versatile performance for a variety of applications like nursing stations, patient wristbands, point of sale, shelf labeling, pick tickets, and more
- Durable clamshell construction to meet the needs of the busiest desktop environment
- Defends against malicious breaches with comprehensive WiFi security protocol suite, and optional state of the art 802.11 a/b/g/n connectivity
- 32-bit RISC high performance processor
- Double wall clamshell construction
- Direct printing
- Available in 203 DPI and 300 DPI
- 64 MB SDRAM / 128 MB Flash Memory
- 4” model configuration
- Max Print Speed: 6 IPS @ 203 DPI / 4 IPS @ 300 DPI
- Print Method: Direct
- Resolution: 203 DPI or 300 DPI
- Max. Print Width: 4.1” (104mm)/6.6” (168mm)/8.5” (216mm)
- Printer Memory: 512MB RAM / 128MB Flash
- Media Applications: Product marking, point of sale, retail, small office, shipping labels, and other labeling and tag application
- Min. Media Width: (4”) 0.7 (19mm)
- Max. Media Width: 4.5” (114.3mm)
- Min. Media Length: 0.25” / 1.0” (Continuous/Tear-Off)
- Max. Media Length: 90” (2,286 mm)
- Media Thickness: 2.16 mil(.055mm) to 7.48 mil(.19mm)
- Media Roll Core Diameter: 1.0” (25.4mm)
- Max. Media Roll Diameter: 5.0” (127mm)
- Media Sensing: Transmissive gap sensor, black mark reflective sensor, head open sensor
- Media Type: Continuous, black mark, fan-fold, notched (outside wound)
MEDIA HANDLING MODES
- Standard: Continuous, Tear-Off Strip
- Options: Peel-Off, Cut
- Width: 7” (177.8mm)
- Height: 6.5”(165mm)
- Depth: 7.6” (193mm)
- Printer Weight: 4.32lbs (1.96kg)
- Shipping Weight: 5.8 lbs (2.63kg)
Printer Languages: EPL, ZPL, ZPL2
COMMUNICATION AND CONNECTIVITY/INTERFACE
- Standard Interface I/O: Serial RS232, USB 2.0 , and Ethernet 10/100Base T
- Optional Interface I/O: WiFi, 802.11a/b/g/n (US only)
- WiFi Security Protocol: WEP 40/128bit, WPA Personal (PSK), WPA2 Personal (PSK) and Enterprise (AES CCMP) EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLs, PEAPv0/MS-CHAPv2, PEAPv1 EAP-MD5
- Operating Temperature: 40 to 104 °F (5 to 40 °C)
- Operating Humidity: 20 – 85% Non-Condensing
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 140 °F (-40 to 60 °C)
- Storage Humidity: 10 – 90% Non-Condensing
- Line Input: Auto Range AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz
- Printer Output: DC 24V, 2.5A, 60W
- Emissions: FCC, CE, CCC
- Safety: cTUVus, CE
- Environmental: RoHS, WEEE, ENERGY STAR®
- Radios (WiFi): FCC others based on market need
- 1D Barcodes: Code 39, Code 93, Code128UCC, Code128 subsets A.B.C, Codabar, Interleave 2 of 5, EAN-8, EAN-13, EAN-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN and UPC 2(5) digits add-on, MSI, PLESSEY, POSTNET, RSS-Stacked, GS1 DataBar, Code 11, China Post
- 2D Barcodes: RSS-Stacked, GS1 DataBar, Code 11, China Post PDF-417, Maxicode, DataMatrix, QR code, Aztec, MicroPDF-417
FONT, GRAPHIC SUPPORT
- Internal Fonts: 8 alpha-numeric bitmap font Monotype Image® true type font engine with one CG Triumvirate Bold Condensed scalable font
- Font and barcode rotation: 0, 90, 180, 270 degree
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (US only) includes Real Time Clock
- Peel & Present
Supplies & AccessoriesContact Us
The best printing solution is achieved when the printer, and media are matched to the application requirements. The use of Genuine Printronix Auto ID Thermal Media will ensure image quality, consistent barcode and optimum application output required for today’s production environments.
For applications that require individual labels or groups of labels for applications such as item level part numbering or pallet labeling, the T400 printers may be ordered with a cutter mechanism installed (for cutting tags and label liner), or the option can be installed by an authorized service representative at a later date. Once installed, the printer can be configured to automatically cut media after each or a specified number of labels is printed.
The T400 printers offers optional, factory installed 802.11a/b/g/n wireless connectivity with extensive and scalable security offerings.
PEEL AND PRESENT
The Peel and Present mechanism automatically peels the label from its backing and presents self-adhesive labels one at a time. It replaces manual label peeling, making your production lines faster and more efficient. The T400 printer may be ordered with a peel and present mechanism installed, or the option can be installed by an authorized service representative at a later date. Once installed, the printer can be configured to automatically peel and present each label.
How is the T400 positioned within the Printronix Auto ID thermal printer portfolio?
The T400 is the first desktop printer introduced by Printronix Auto ID. It is intended to provide an enterprise level solution to the growing desktop market.
What sets the T400 apart from other desktop thermal barcode printers in the market?
The T400 is the premier printer for desktop applications that require a compact, affordable and reliable barcode printer. It was designed to meet the increasing demand from large companies for a higher level of performance out of a desktop printer.
- Affordable Performance: Outperforms the competition at 6 inches per second, increased memory, printer flexibility, and competitively priced.
- Ease-of-Use: Compact design, intuitive operation and easy loading 5 inch diameter roll, makes the T400 one of the easiest & productive desktop printers in the market.
- Reliable Operation: Double wall clam shell construction is intended to handle busy environments that are often encountered in desktop applications
What are the primary target user environments for the T400?
There are a wide variety of applications and markets for desktop printers. However, the T400 was primarily intended for larger opportunities in the following applications:
- Medical & Pharmaceutical: Nursing Stations, Pharmaceutical labelling & administration, patient wristbands
- Shipping & Receiving: Light duty labelling, Pick Tickets, On-demand printing
- Retail: Shelf labelling, Front office, Point-of-Sale
What options are available with the T400?
The T400 is available in 203 or 300 DPI resolution. The printer comes standard with Ethernet, USB Client, Serial communication interfaces. An option for WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n), and Real Time Clock (RTC) will be available in the near future.
In addition, the printer can be configured with a peeler or cutter. These options are also available as Field Option Kits.
How do I configure the T400?
The T400 is a very simple and intuitive printer to setup and configure. Please refer to the User’s Manual for detailed installation instructions. If you prefer, you can view our “How-to Videos” for additional information on the following T400 topics:
- Configuring the T400
- T400 media and cleaning
- T400 Self print test
Please visit the Printronix Auto ID website in the Support section, to access the” T400 How To videos”.
Does Printronix offer media options for the T400?
Yes, Printronix Auto ID offers a portfolio of media that will optimize the print quality and productivity of the T400.
Can I swap the printhead from 203dpi to 300 dpi?
No. The printheads are not interchangeable. In general, the T400 Thermal Printhead is expected to last the life of the printer. It is not user replaceable.
Where can I download the printer manuals?
There T400 Manuals are available on the Printronix Auto ID website in the Support section.
What is the warranty on the T400 printer?
The T400 comes standard with a 1-Year Return to Depot warranty. Extended warranty and service packages are available. Please contact your Printronix Auto ID Territory Account Manager for more information.
Will WiFi be available globally?
WiFi will initially be available in the US when first released. Please contact your Printronix Auto ID Territory Account Manager for more information.
What is the advantage of the T400 with WiFi?\
The WiFi option dramatically improves versatility by bringing the T400 directly to the “point-of-need” by eliminating the limitations of hardwire connections.
Can I run both Ethernet and WiFi?
The WiFi printer can be configured for either Ethernet or WiFi operation, but not simultaneously. If an Ethernet cable is plugged in and connected with a host system, the Ethernet interface will be active. In all other cases, the WiFi is active.
How do I access the real-time clock?
The WiFi option includes a real-time clock to support time-restricted certificates. In addition, it can also be used for printing time stamps on date coded labels.