Priced below more expensive thermal barcode printers, the T2N will impress you with its rugged, compact design, ease of use and outstanding value. It’s also the first industrial thermal barcode printer of its kind to offer Ethernet NIC connectivity as a standard feature.
Highlights of the T2N include:
- Direct and Transfer thermal printing out of box
- More affordable and easy bar code printing
- Ethernet, Serial and USB connectivity for easy integration
- Rugged metal construction and reliable engineering design
- Standard Real Time Clock (RTC) for date and time reporting
Discover the outstanding performance and value of the T2N and experience the unmatched quality and commitment of Printronix.
- Direct Thermal and Thermal Transfer
- Standard Serial, USB, and Ethernet
- Standard Real Time Clock
- Rugged Metal & Plastic construction
- Side-Loading supplies path for easy media and ribbon loading
- Large printer status indicator
- Quick and easy 2-Button LED design
- Print Speed: 6”/152mm per second
- Print Method: Direct and Thermal
- 203 dpi / 8 dots per mm
- 300 dpi / 12 dots per mm
- Max Print Width: 4.10” (104mm)
- Printer Memory: 32MB RAM / 8MB Flash
- Media Type: Labels and Tags
- Min/Max Media Width: 1” (25.4mm) / 4.6” (117mm)
- Media Length (Min/Max): 0.25” (6.35mm) / 99” (2,514mm)
- Media Thickness: 2.3 to 11.0 Mil
- Media Capacity: 8” (203mm) Roll on 3” (76mm) Core
- Media Sensing: Transmissive (Gap, Notch), Reflective (Black Mark)
- Media Handling Modes: Continuous, Tear-Off Strip, Peel-Off (Opt.), Cutter (Opt.)
- Ribbon Type: Wax, Wax-Resin, Special Resin
- Ribbon Width (Min/Max): 1.57” (40mm) / 4.33” (110mm)
- Max Ribbon Length: 450m
- Inner Core Diameter: 1.0” (25.4mm)
- Outer Core Diameter: 3.2” (81mm)
- Serial RS232: Standard
- USB 2.0: Standard
- Ethernet 10/100BaseT: Standard
- 11”W x 10” H x 17” D
- (286mm x 259mm x 434mm)
- Printer Weight: 24 lbs (11 Kg)
- Shipping Weight: 28 lbs (12.7Kg)
PROGRAMMING PRINTER LANGUAGES
- PGL – Printronix: Standard
- ZGL – Zebra: Standard
- EGL – Eltron Graphical Language: Standard
BARCODE SYMBOLOGIES Australian Post, Aztec, BC412, Code 128 (A,B,C), Code 35, Code 39, Code 93, Codabar (NW7), Datamatrix, EAN13 (JAN), EAN-8 (JAN), FIM, 125, German I-2/5, IFT14, ITF14, Matrix (2 of 5), Maxicode, MSI, PDF-417, Planet, Plessey, PostBar, Postnet, ROYAL BAR, RSS14, Telepen, UCC/EAN 128, UPC A, UPC E, UPC E0, UPC E1, UPC SHIP, UPS 11 FONTS AND CHARACTER SET
- Fonts: Monotype Imaging (Agfa Monotype), Letter Gothic Bold, Courier Bold, CG Triumvirate Bold Condensed, OCR-A, OCR-B
- Character Set: Unicode with TrueType font support
- Voltage Range: 100 – 240v
GRAPHIC SUPPORT AND WINDOWS DRIVERS
- Graphic Support: PCX and TIFF file formats
- Windows Drivers: Microsoft Windows WinXP, Vista, Windows 7
- Operating Temperature: 40 to 104 F (5 to 40 C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 20 to 85% Non-Condensing
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 140 deg. F, -40 to 60 deg. C
- Storage Humidity Range: 10% to90% Relative Humidity, non-condensing
- FCC, UL, cUL, CE, NOM, ICES, S-Mark, CCC MIC/RRL, GOST-R
- Andale Fonts – Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese (available July 2013) Premium Asian Fonts – Hanzi-2312, Hangul, Kanji (available July 2013)
Supplies & AccessoriesContact Us
THERMAL BARCODE MEDIA
Genuine Printronix Thermal Transfer Ribbons used in a thermal printers are a critical element of the printing system. It’s design, specification and selection are of the utmost importance in maintaining the integrity of the printer and the application. Printronix, with its years of experience in the design of printers and their applications, promises that you will receive the exact material required to maximize the performance of your Printronix printer.
For applications that require individual labels or groups of labels for applications such as item level part numbering or pallet labeling, the T2N printers may be ordered with a cutter mechanism installed (for cutting tags and label liner), or the option can be installed by an authorized service representative at a later date. Once installed, the printer can be configured to automatically cut media after each or a specified number of labels are printed.
PEEL AND PRESENT
The Peel and Present mechanism automatically peels the label from its backing and presents self-adhesive labels one at a time. It replaces manual label peeling, making your production lines faster and more efficient. The T2N printers may be ordered with a peel and present mechanism installed, or the option can be installed by an authorized service representative at a later date. Once installed, the printer can be configured to automatically peel and present each label.
Printronix Printheads are engineered to optimize performance of your Printronix printer. Designed with easy to use snap-in feature for quick replacement to reduce downtime and are field upgradeable.
Available in 203 & 300 dpi options for 4″, 6″ and 8″ formats.
Use genuine Printronix Thermal Media to double your Printhead warranty.
ANDALE FONTS For applications that require Korean Japanese or Simplified Chinese fonts
PREMIUM ASIAN FONTS DOUBLE BYTE CHARACTER SET (DBCS) FONTS For applications that require Hangu, Hanzi, and Kanji fonts.
Question: What sets the T2N apart from other thermal bar code printers?
Answer: The T2N Series features simple design, ease of use and outstanding value that’s priced below competitive printers. It is the first entry-level industrial thermal bar code printer to offer Ethernet NIC connectivity as a standard feature under $1,000 USD. Additionally it includes a real time clock, direct thermal and thermal transfer printing capability and the industry’s highest reliability and performance you have come to expect from Printronix. Workers in distribution, manufacturing, logistics, retail and healthcare will appreciate its simplified user interface and rugged compact design. The T2N is a “best value” because of its outstanding performance and variety of standard features not usually found in this price segment.
Question: How does the T2N fit into Printronix’s family of thermal barcode printers?
Answer: Printronix thermal bar code printers are rugged industrial printers built to last in any type of supply-chain or distribution environment. Our thermal bar code printers enable easy and efficient bar code labeling of virtually any products or goods. With the introduction of the T2N, Printronix now offers a thermal bar code printer with simplified user interface, rugged compact design, and more standard features at a lower price. The T2N satisfies the most cost-conscious buyer while other models in our portfolio address the needs of midrange and high-performance applications.
Question: What kinds of companies and applications would benefit from using the T2N?
Answer: Printronix created the T2N for distribution, logistics and manufacturing companies to adopt thermal bar code printing technology at the lowest cost available while offering the most robust features and rugged durability. The compact design of the T2N occupies a small footprint, also making it ideal for retail and healthcare environments. The T2N is a “best value” because of its outstanding performance and standard features not usually found in this price segment.
Question: What is the print speed and resolution of the T2N?
Answer: The series includes 203 dpi and 300 dpi direct/transfer thermal models that both print at 6 ips (inches per second).
Question: What size labels can I print with the T2N?
Answer: You can print labels with a width range between 1 to 4.6 inches (25.4 and 117 millimeters) and media length range between 0.25to 99 inches (6.35 to 2,514 millimeters) with the T2N.
Question: What emulations are available with the T2N?
Answer: The T2N features PGL, ZGL and EGL emulations standard.
Question: How do I connect the T2N?
Answer: Serial, USB and Ethernet connectivity comes standard. The T2N can be connected via Wi-Fi using a third-party external Wireless Print Server.
Question: Does the T2N offer an RFID option?
Answer: The T2N does not offer an RFID option. However, you can upgrade to the Printronix SL4M, which comes standard with RFID Short-Pitch technology.
Question: What is the maximum size of ribbon you can install on the T2N?
Answer: The maximum ribbon length you can install on the T2N is 1,476 feet (450 meters). It supports ribbon Ink Side-In with core diameter of 1 inch (25.4 millimeters) and maximum outer diameter of 3.2 inches (81 millimeters). It will also support ribbon Ink Side-Out, but minor service adjustment is required. For additional information on supplies and consumables, please refer to the Supplies & Consumables Guide.