Our exclusive Online Data Validation (ODV™) eliminates compliance fees with automatic, 100 % barcode validation. Available on the T8000 and T6000 thermal printers, ODV ensures that all barcodes meet the most stringent scanning standards, reducing unnecessary compliance costs.
With our ODV technology, you can:
- Eliminate chargebacks due to refused or delayed shipments
- Deliver 100% scannable barcodes to your production area every time, automatically
- Eliminate unscannable barcodes from entering into your supply chain distribution system
- Reduce labor costs and downtime with an unattended solution
- Capture and display the raw data within each barcode, to provide further assurance that critical data, such as serialized barcodes, print correctly
Find out how the Printronix Auto ID ODV solution can make your printing process more efficient and productive.
- Code 39
- Interleafed 2 of 5
- Code 93
- Code 128
- UPC/EAN plus add-ons
- Checks linear start and stop bar only
- Quiet Zone: Minimum 10 times x-dimension
- Barcodes per line Up to 4 codes on the same horizontal line
- Barcodes per form Up to 99 codes per form
- Barcode orientation Picket fence only
- Horizonal Spacing Minimum of .5” between codes on the same horizontal line
- Barcode Height Minimum bar code height is .13”
- TOF to TOF Minimum Distance .5”
LINEAR BARCODE SPECIFICATIONS
- STANDARD ODV OPTION
- Scan Width: 4” (200 mm), X-Dimension (min.): 6.6 mil (0.17 mm), Min. Code Height: 0.13”(3.3 mm)
- Scan Width: 6.5” (165 mm), X-Dimension (min.): 10 mil (0.25 mm), Min. Code Height: 0.14”(3.6 mm)
- Scan Width: 8.5” (216 mm), X-Dimension (min.): 20 mil (0.51 mm), Min. Code Height: 0.20”(5.1 mm)
- WIDE ODV OPTION
- Scan Width: 8.5” (216 mm), X-Dimension (min.): 13 mil (0.33 mm), Min. Code Height: 0.20”(5.1 mm)
* Scan width centered around middle of print width. ** Wide ODV available as a special field option only. PRINT RUN REPORT
- Number of forms printed
- Number of bad forms
- Bar width deviation of last bar code
- Number of codes printed
- Average bar width deviation
VALIDATION ERROR ACTIONS
- Retry Form (default), Stop and Retry, Grade and Report, Rescan Form, Rescan and Retry, Rescan and Stop, Overstrike, Stop
VALIDATION ERROR NOTIFICATION MODES
- Printer Display
- Printer Audible Alarm
- Printer Status Light
- Remote Notification
- Telemetry Path: Network Port
- Data Contents (Selectable)
- Short: Pass/Fail quality results
- Validation: Pass/Fail quality results + actual decoded data
- Full: Validation + all measured parameters
- Class 2 Laser Product
Question: What advantages does the Printronix Auto ID solution offer when implementing a labeling system that will meet our compliance requirements?
Answer: Printronix Auto ID offers a unique solution as a closed loop printing output management tool enabling increased efficiency, reduced chargeback fines, and maximized uptime. Because the T8000 thermal printer is the most robust and easy to use printer in the industry, end users will have little to no difficulty with the equipment. Printronix Auto ID Online Data Validation (ODV) provides 100% bar code accuracy, assuring that a bad bar code will not be used and that the labels will scan when received at their destination point avoiding costly chargeback fines. PrintNet Enterprise allows remote management of the printers to enable instant updates of format and data changes. This software will collect the data from the printers to provide the backup material needed to support your 100% accuracy should a question arise from a label scan. Our professional services group has expertise in solving the compliance issues faced throughout the integrated supply chain. You’ll receive superior support and will benefit from their knowledge as they stand by you and your process implementation.
Question: Besides satisfying compliance requirements and reducing chargebacks, what are the benefits from an in-house labeling solution?
Answer: Bar coding your products and shipments will provide accurate sales tracking, plus capture inventory data for sales and manufacturing forecasts to increase operational efficiency. The use of compliance labeling will help eliminate packing and shipping errors, thus reducing operating costs and improving profits. Additional monetary benefits besides the actual reduction of chargebacks include accelerating the flow of goods through the supply chain to the consumer, which provides increased inventory turns and faster invoice payment.
Question: What initial steps should I consider when implementing a new labeling system to help meet compliance requirements?
Answer: The first element to a labeling system is determining the output desired and the type of labels needed, whether they are product labels, container labels, shipping labels or any other types. Based on your specific operational requirements, Printronix Auto ID will work with you to determine the correct path for bar code implementation.
Question: What steps can I take to begin my in-house compliance labeling project?
Answer: The first step is to create an internal cross-functional team, consisting of members from purchasing, shipping, credit, information systems, marketing and sales. Second, make sure that you have a manufacturer ID number (if applicable) from the Uniform Code Council (937-435-3870 or www.uc-council.org) and that products have UPC codes or customer item identifiers attached to each one (if applicable). Next, obtain all specification and vendor guidebooks from your customers.